LSU Recruiting Visits How Does It work?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Sep 22, 2022.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I was just curious how LSU does their recruiting visits. I know how Northeast did it back in the early eighties but i wonder how it happens at LSU.

I would presume families come in Saturday mornings and go home after a breakfast sunday.

Do some coaches stay to take the players around or is a hospitality staff there with the coaches out recruiting

Just curious how LSU typical visit goes down if anybody knows.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I don't know all the rules, but officials can last up to 48 hours. During football season, they typically don't because recruits are playing on Friday nights, but they can. Coaches definitely spend time with them, but there are also other staff or current players giving them the tour. This past weekend, they took the visitors up to the top of the stadium for pictures after the game. Over the summer, there were pool parties at Kelly's house, which is possible because of his proximity to campus. I think they take a lot of different forms, depending on the time of year and what else is going on. During basketball season, they will take them to those games.

kcal and CalcoTiger like this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I
    assume these are ncaa inclusive:

http://www.compliance.lsu.edu/recruiting-activities

RECRUITING ACTIVITIES
    JUMP TO:

HOSTING | SOCIAL MEDIA | UNOFFICIAL VISITS | LODGING

HOSTING
    As a LSU student-athlete, you may be asked to serve as a host to a visiting recruit. Student hosts are expected to display responsible behavior in addition to abiding by applicable NCAA regulations.

At the discretion of your coach, you may be provided with the following:

• A maximum of $40 for each day of the visit to cover entertainment for you and the prospect. If hosting more than one prospect, you may receive an additional $20 per day per each additional prospect.
      • Intended for expenses such as movie tickets and snacks

• May not be used to purchase souvenirs (e.g., shirts, balls, etc.)
    • A maximum of three complimentary meals for each day of the visit (provided you are accompanying the prospect during the official visit).

• Complimentary admissions to campus athletics events (provided you are accompanying the prospect to the events).
    A few other reminders about serving as a host to a visiting recruit:

• Use of a vehicle may not be provided or arranged by a coach, staff member or booster;

• You may not allow the recruit to use or drive your car;

• You may not transport the prospect or anyone else accompanying the prospect more than 30 miles from campus; and

• Drugs and alcohol may not be involved in the recruiting visit (regardless of the prospect's age).
    If you have any questions or concerns about hosting a visiting recruit, please contact the Compliance Office.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

They all do basically the same thing, but for the top, elite players, it mostly boils down to what kind of NIL package can you offer me. Unfortunately, the old days of recruiting are long gone, never to return again!

HalloweenRun likes this.