LSU needs to leave 5-star LB Perkins alone, bad news

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Dec 30, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-star-lb-perkins-set-to-announce

First, this guy is one of the most unimpressive recruits I've seen in a while, and he makes it clear he is going to the highest bidder. He's asked about his final three schools and they bring up his recruitment by Texas and he clearly points out that they have a great NIL program and players can make a lot of money there. He adds that if he selects Texas that they're going to use him, so he's just going to use them to get his back - referring to money.

He was then asked about LSU and quickly points out he hasn't spoken to CBK at all, which was music to my ears! I think it's refreshing to hear CBK isn't recruiting this kid hard. This kid clearly has no allegiance to any school and I feel confident in saying that the first time the school he picks doesn't do what he wants, he's going to hit the transfer portal looking for a new team. Rumor has it that he's secretly already signed, sealed and delivered to the Aggies, which would not be surprising at all.

This kid reminds me of the former Texas HS 5-star RB Zach Evans from a couple of years ago that got into trouble and all the schools backed off of him before he signed with TCU. I think he was supposed to sign with Georgia, but then got suspended from the team's state championship game, which was the third time he had been suspended from the team in one season. Not surprising, Evans recently announced he's leaving TCU and entering the transfer portal. Something tells me this Perkins kid is going to be Evans 2.0!

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You may or may not be right, but I never felt we had a shot at him. At this point, I'd rather see us putting all our effort into getting Matthews and Citizen.

shane0911 and Hou-duco like this.
  3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I hope we also get Matthews and Citizen. We definitely need both of those players. I feel one of the main reasons CBK is not pursing Perkins is he wants to change the culture within the program and that starts with not bringing bad players into the locker room, regardless of their talents.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

While I don't disagree, your rhetoric seems awfully familiar, as if you've been here before. I could be wrong but I bet I'm not.

5. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

How will we know if you're right or wrong?

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

He'll tell you when he thinks you need to know.

mctiger, shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

What are you talking about?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Just making observations, its all good. Carry on

9. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

He'll tell you when he thinks you have a need to know.

10. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Wherever he goes. Hell probably only play like 4 games and then opt out the rest of the season. College football is starting to suck. Just look at the playoff games.

KyleK likes this.