LSU basketball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Dec 12, 2014.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Hope they get the right advice because neither of them are ready for NBA. If they do jump, somewhere within 3 yrs you will hear the words "Clean up on aisle 6 Jordan"...[/QUOTE]

Why would they call jarell our QB's name.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Jarrell Mickey?

diamondheadtiger likes this.
  3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Right...WTF does that mean

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why would they call jarell our QB's name.[/QUOTE]

Any fries with that order sir?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

never met jordan jennings?

6. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Hope they get the right advice because neither of them are ready for NBA. If they do jump, somewhere within 3 yrs you will hear the words "Clean up on aisle 6 Jordan"...[/QUOTE]

I agree that neither are ready, and staying another year in college may certainly help their draft status. But, I don't think, it will necessarily prepare them more for the NBA. In a 3 year window, is 1 year more of college + 2 pros > 0 more college + 3 pros? I'm not so sure. I think the real reason for them to stay or go comes down to projected draft position. The higher the position, the higher the starting salary, the better you do down the road in terms of contract money. Selfishly, I would like them to stay, and certainly another year of maturity should help their draft status, and for them personally, they may actually win a NC if they stay. A lot of considerations there, but I personally don't believe that whether they stay or go ultimately impacts their NBA success, as opposed to their draft position.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    TheRealist and LSU John like this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

You know, I've felt all year that the national respect of this team was greater than our own fanbase's opinion. Sometimes, we can be too up or too down on our own team. That was promoted with this team's inconsistencies, and questionable in-game coaching decisions. So, rightfully, this team was criticized a bit. The #9 seeding, however, I think, shows how far this program has grown in quality. Sure, the record has improved each year under CJJ (19wins-->20-->22), but I think the "eye-test" of the team's quality is even more improved, and that was reflected in this seeding. I think CJJs quote here is apropos:

"To not be a play-in game or a low, low seed, you see people appreciated the body of work of this team," said Jones, who'll make his 12th NCAA tourney trip for the Tigers - two as a player under Dale Brown, nine on Brown's staff and now finally his first as a head coach (not counting his two as North Texas' head coach). "When I came back (to LSU), we wanted to put a great product out on the floor. We're certainly on the right track to doing that. Hopefully, today is a significant statement that we're trending down the right road."

We have some coaches with connections to Mark Gottfried, including CJJ, so I think we should be prepared for NCSUs style of play. Gonna be a close game. Hopefully, the Tigers that showed up against Arky and Tenn on the road will be the same team that shows up for the NCAAs!

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Wow, yeah, he has no idea what he is talking about. Didn't we lead the SEC in transition baskets? I thought I remember hearing that during a game, but I can't find that stat.

TheRealist likes this.
  10. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Yeah, our biggest problem all year was when teams slowed us down in the half court and bogged down the offense. That's why we beat arky, they want to run but we were better at it than they are.