LSU @ Alabama official game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 7, 2015.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I had seven students, all wearing Gump crap, in my room, at the bell this morning, giving me crap. Hell, I had never even seen most of them. And we are in eastern NC, to boot.

Damn!

2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Lsu only played 10 -11 games a year (including bowl games) back then not 13 -14. Since you like to cherry pick numbers, In 18 seasons Cholly Mac only lost 5 or more games three times. Miles has done so twice in 10. Pretty meaningless Stat though right. Just like the ones you threw out. CCM was fired because he couldn't beat Bear Bryant. CLM is the most successfull coach in LSU history but he can no longer beat Alabama and on at least two occasions hasn't seemed to put much effort into it. I like most things about Miles and what he has brought to the program, but his inability to compete with Bama will wear very thin after a couple of more loses.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was 10 to 12, but so what? Mac had more losses in seasons with fewer games!

Yes, Mac had a 5-6, a 5-5-1, and 7-5 versus Les' 8-5 and 8-5. 5-5-1 was not even a winning season. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Cholly Mac fan and he was a great one, but the Les era is better any way you want to measure it.

That was one reason. The other was the wins had dropped off considerably and recruiting was declining. Mac was a 1950's coach who had trouble relating to 70's kids. Even he knew the 80's was not going to be his time. The travesty was that he wanted to be Athletic Director and would have been a great one, as witnessed by his subsequent gigs at the small Tangerine Bowl, which he turned into the now big-time Citrus Bowl and his long tenure as president of the American Football Coaches Association. But the Board of Supervisors was stacked with Deitzels old players and they wanted him back. I like to think that our string of poor coaches wouldn't have happened if Mac had been AD. We would probably have had Bobby Bowden in the 80's and 90's.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bout right, but I'm willing to let him get some of his players in before I make too much of a judgement. I've said before I didn't like the hire and I still don't but I'll give him a chance.

Peveto on the other hand. Jesus Christ he is the worst football coach on the planet. He fucking sucks so bad they should change the word suck in the dictionary to Peveto.

Peveto my dick bitch.

tzanghi and TwistedTiger like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

my message was to Tired o Flossing, not you

(btw, I know it's tired of losing, but I like tired of flossing better, esp. since he is likely a gump).

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As opposed to tap who is just a chump

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ha you like that one don't you.

9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Peveto should be driving a school bus.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I had a little Baylor shit talking crap in one of my classes today. I just decided to be an adult and say, "Yes, the game was really bad."