Lets just call these what they are, suicide by cop:

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Aug 23, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Caught this nugget burried in the mess

That was 2 months ago and not a single word he says is wrong.

fanatic likes this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Daaaaang. Kind of a wtf moment right now. No real details released, that I could find, so I’m wondering what’s the justification here? I get more aggravated at cops refusing to go hands-on. Never let anyone get in a vehicle. If they get in, keep them in. If they get out, keep them out.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't agree with the "suicide by cop" theory. Generally when you see that happen, the "victim" is not only armed, he approaches the cop in a threatening manner, putting the cop in a "its you or me" posture. Not seeing that either in the above video or the Lafayette situation. The perps in those cases are not putting cops' lives in danger, they are just refusing to comply. I think what we've seen here is two instances of very poor training.

Was talking with my brother, the retired Marine, about this yesterday. He thinks what we're seeing is not "oh boy, I'm a cop, I get to kill a n----- today"; its 'oh crap he's not listening, what do I do?" Said he developed that theory a few years ago when he was working in a Baton Rouge gun store that's owned by an ex-cop. He was working during the Alton Sterling/cops murdered period, and there was genuine concern protesters would try to take over the store. So the owner left my brother in charge one afternoon, and he took the initiative to prepare some defensive measures; create fields of fire, fall back positions of defense, etc. The owner came back and couldn't believe the changes. His training as a cop simply didn't prepare him for what was going on and how to respond to it.

If the Defund the Police crowd gets its way, it will only get worse, because training is certainly one of the expenses that will be cut.

fanatic, Winston1 and APPTiger like this.
  6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

While the circumstances around these shootings vary, one fact is a constant. Failure to comply with police instructions. Why is it so hard for people to comply with an officers direction? It happens every time.
    If you disagree with an officers actions, take it up later with their supervision and or go to the press.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I guess I can't comprehend the level of stupidity to have a gun pointed at me by multiple officers and NOT listen. At that point, you just want to die apparently.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I faught the law and the law won.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think the issue here is you cant go to your car because you could be getting a gun. like this guy: hwe went to his car and got a gun and shot the cops.

https://www.policemag.com/366283/suspect-opens-fire-on-pennsylvania-troopers-during-traffic-stop

shane0911 likes this.