Late season rut

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Jan 22, 2021.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I couldn’t enjoy still hunting when I was a kid the way I do now. No kids, no dogs, no noise.

Northern and Midwest whitetail put ours to shame. My brother in law dropped a 250 pound 7 point early in the season. Biggest deer I’ve seen in a long time. What’s really cool, with this deer, is that I’ve cousin that hunts a deer camp about 3 or 4 miles west of this private land. We’re separated by a national forest, and he’s got pics and video of this deer on his trail cam. I thought that was neato.

been waiting on @jvalhenson to call me to hunt his big deer, but he’s stingy.

shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

What big deer? aint no big deer in the south. nothing but goats down here. Biggest I've ever killed was only 235lbs and biggest seen in person was only 265. Aint even worth skinnin. Killed these 2 little guys recently. Only 185lb 9point and 180lb 8 point.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    shane0911 and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I know there’s some larger deer hiding back here in these woods. I’ve just never had the cajones to hunt over a buck bed.

i put down a big ol nanny yesterday evening. Same one that buck I killed was chasing. I’m going to get up and go in the morning and still hunt until about 8, and then walk around. And that’ll close me out. I’ve got a ton of meat this year and I’ll probably give some away just to be able close the freezer door.
    Now I need to kill a hog

shane0911 likes this.