Last Chance U

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Jul 19, 2019.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Anyone watch this? Although he's since been fired, the coach for the team they've profiled in S3 & S4 (Jason Brown) is the epitome of a douchebag. Can't stand that guy, but I guess he's the reason I watch, so I can hate on him.

2. fanatic

I guess no one is missing much, other than the coach being a complete tool for the world to see.

Here's the kind of guy he is. He told a German recruit that he (coach) was the player's new Hitler. He's always so negative. Never wants to build anyone up and seems to be (or at least he's portrayed to be) the kind of coach who uses his players to further his own career. He doesn't seem to care about them at all, despite lip service to the contrary.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Gotta give me more than that, what sport?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hell, I don't know what he is talking about.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

A show about junior college football. Most of the players are idiots and the coaches A-holes.

I watched seasons 1 - 3. Liked it. First two years were at a college in Mississippi, season 3, and it sounds like season 4 is in Midwest, I think, not the original location.

Can’t remember if it was Prime, Hulu, or Netflix.

I think all of you guys would like it.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think Netflix, but yeah, its a series about kids that are too dumb, lazy or just a skill set off from playing D1. These are the JC's we comb looking for players to fill special needs. A lot of highly recruited players out of HS who have trouble making grades will end up there and it is usually more about making grades or just being too lazy to do so that is the story. Having shitty coaches is just par for the course because they know they are grooming kids for D1 shoppers. Some schools have their own reputation, but the story is really about the kids and hoping they can do what is necessary to get a position for Tennessee or somewhere.

7. fanatic

My bad. I should've provided more back story.
    I thought the East Mississippi coach was bad, but the coach for Independence Community College in S3 and 4 is a total nub.

HalloweenRun and shane0911 like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I watched what I thought were the first 3 episodes last night. Tbe Indy JC. I like the coach. Sure, he yells and curses a lot but what coach doesn't. He gives fuckups a second chance.

Show made me want to root for the kid from New Orleans. Keilon Davis. Seems like a good kid who had a really hard life. He is always smiling and try to be a brother to his dumbass friend Bobby.
    This was the 2018 season and I haven't watched them all so I don't think if he got a D1 offer.

9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I've watched all 4 seasons of this and enjoyed binge watching. Season three and four had plenty of cringe worthy moments with Head Coach Jason Brown.
    If you liked Friday Night Tykes on Esquire Network, and QB1 on Netflix you would probably also like this one. If you watched this one and not the two others I mentioned check them out. Friday Night Tykes is also on Netflix now.

Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

JUCO coaches don't make much. Jason Brown's salary was $65,000. Defensive coordinator Jason Martin's salary is $36,000. Dave Aranda makes more than that every week.

HalloweenRun likes this.