Just don't get hype around Arch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jun 10, 2022.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I hope for his sake he can live up to the hype that will be expected.

Good luck to him and i am sure he will have a good time at Texas.

If he is anything like his granpa he is a good kid. Wish him well.

msully likes this.
  2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Whoa! That unleashes some memories of my father playing it for me when I was a kid.

shane0911 and msully like this.
  3. DeeDee

DeeDee Veteran Member

Well, there has to be some reason why they're not an LSU family. Could it be that something happened or didn't happen during Archie's recruiting? One of the old-timers on this board knows, right?

4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I just think it's like some said Archie is a Mississippi guy and LSU was the rival school. At the time Payton graduated LSU was in the toilet so I can understand why he didn't come and Eli wanted to play where his dad did. I don't know any of this just speculation but these kids go where they build relationships and it may be there was never a meaningful attachment to LSU for the Manning family. I think it is a shame though that Payton played his whole college career without ever stepping foot in Tiger Stadium. We could have scheduled Tennessee at least once at home.

Herb likes this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Now the question is who leaves, Ewers or Arch? You have two QBs that were rated No. 1 recruits in the country so somebody has to leave. I don't think either QB came to Texas to watch the other one, so it will be interesting to see who wins the starting job when both are on campus.

Also, how much NIL money did it take to land Arch?

shane0911 likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Whatever it is is probably a stupid number and Tx has more than enough boosters to make it happen.

I for one am not sold on Manning. I'm glad he is at Tx because that is an absolute perfect place for him to be, the land of the under achievers if you will.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Anyone that didn't see Arch committing to Texas was not paying attention. It was apparent for over a year that Texas was his top school.

I wish him well. LSU got a better QB in Walker Howard.

As for his grandpa, dude was a stud and most people forget he was a multi sport athlete:
    [​IMG]

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

They're clearly a very athletic family, but if you didn't know, they look like the most unathletic family, especially in football. Archie and Arch clearly look like the best athletes in the family. Payton and Eli look like academic scholars, not probable future HOFs.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm not sold on him either. It will be interesting to see how the QB position plays out with Ewers just arriving on campus. If I had to pick, I would say Ewers would be the one to transfer because he's already done it once, but also because Arch transferring would go against what the Mannings stand for. They don't run from competition.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Eli says hello