Just don't get hype around Arch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Jun 10, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I know Arch is not coming to LSU, which is a good thing in my opinion, but I just don't understand all the hype. I'm sure some is the family name, but I just watched his 7-on-7 performance at LSU today and have seen him play in a game and he's just doesn't impress me. Texas A&M signee Conner Weigman's game film last year was amazing and it was clear why he was rated a 5-star. Is it the Manning name or am I clearly missing something? I just don't see elite talent that justifies such a high ranking.

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I’ve not seen him but I agree he is not coming to LSU…

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its basically all the family name, who cares

TCUTiger and shane0911 like this.
  4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

He would be a major distraction and this team doesn't need that to derail this season. I'm just shocked at all the radio guys who talk like this kid walks on water and I just don't see it, especially the many "so-called" recruiting gurus that have him the highest rated player in the country.

65Grad likes this.
  5. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

I think UGA

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also think he ends up at UGA, but I don't really care. I know LSU isn't in the hunt. They simply aren't an LSU family.

It would be like me having a five-star son and encouraging him to sign with A & M...not gonna happen.

The Mannings have had a lot of football talent, but at some point, that has to end, right?

CalcoTiger, Hou-duco and KyleK like this.
  7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It is odd they that aren't an LSU family considering they're born and raised in Louisiana. I guess to each his own! I agree with your thinking in that the football talent has to run dry here at some point, but we'll see. I'm not saying that Arch isn't talented, but the amount of hype he's receiving just doesn't compute to what I've seen on the field. Who knows? I'm just ready for the Kelly era to begin and to see LSU back in NC contention hopefully sooner than later!

TBTrumpet and StaceyO like this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Archie was born and raised in Mississippi during the time the LSU OLE MISS rivalry meant more than any other. Hating LSU is in Manning blood. Just because the kids and grandkids live in New Orleans doesn’t make them gravitate to LSU. Actually they may be closer to Tulane if it actually had a football program that amounted to anything. They were raised in the shadows of the University and were Newman Greenies in HS.

9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Thanks for info. I did not know Archie was born and raised in Mississippi. Apparently, he was raised in a small town called Drew in Sunflower County, two place I've never heard of before. I know they love Ole Miss, but I'm just surprised none of the sons, and now Arch, really never considered going to LSU, which has one of the richest football traditions and avid fan base in the country. Just find that a little odd.

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I don’t really find it odd…It’s hard to go against emotions. When you hate a team, it stays with you.