Jussie Smollett

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Feb 3, 2019.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The lawyer for the 2 men who were arrested and then released in connection with the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett says the new evidence that has changed this case is something her clients told cops.

Attorney Gloria Schmidt was at the Chicago police station Friday night, after her clients, Ola and Abel Osundairo, were released from custody. Schmidt said the "new evidence" that triggered the release of her clients was something they knew and presumably told cops.

Our photog asked Schmidt flat out if the "attack" was staged, and she answered obliquely, saying there were moving parts and she didn't want to speculate.

As we reported, Ola and Abel both worked on "Empire," and Abel was especially friendly with Jussie.

And, something else interesting ... she wouldn't answer why her clients went to Nigeria the day of the alleged attack, but added it was a "great question."

She said she didn't want to speak for her clients because they had a story to tell "when the time is right." That clearly sounds like they have inside information about what went down at Jussie's apartment building.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/16/jussi...ttack-release/

Frogleg and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

That reminds me, bill Cosby said that jail was an amazing experience. Wonder what the old rapist meant ?

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

“The new direction of the investigation is now based on the premise that Mr. Smollett was an active participant in the incident.” TMZ, which originally reported that the two men previously arrested were brothers and Empire extras Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, says the duo “completely cooperated” with police and one of their phones showed a call between them and Smollett not long before the incident."

"The sources told CNN there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at a hardware store in Chicago."

[​IMG]

Now we know at least one call he redacted. He's still denying that it was fake. I guess he'll have to go with the theory that a couple black dudes are full-on liars and back-stabbers.

4. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

[​IMG]

el005639 likes this.
  5. watson1880

6. watson1880

I think Milano is about broke in the brain.
    [​IMG]

7. watson1880

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

CNN, i heard, nor NBC make any mention that Jussie claimed they said "This is MAGA country" #FakeNews cnn.PNG

watson1880 likes this.
  9. watson1880

[​IMG]

Bengal B and Frogleg like this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

This story was wack from the jump. 2am, during the coldest snap ever in Chicago, two dudes recognized him from "Empire" and they happened to have bleach and a rope on them?

The "brutal attack" left him with bruised ribs and a little scratch on his face. I've had worse injuries after a pickup hoops game at the Y.

My first thought was that he got roughed up doing something he shouldn't have been doing, then made up the whole MAGA story to deflect. It looks like the truth is much worse.

Lots of people will be nice and say, "I hope he gets the help he clearly needs." But I hope at least one person goes off. "I burned some of my credibility publicly supporting him. He took advantage of his friends and co-workers' sympathies. He made it harder on every future victim of an actual attack. Fuck him, he's on his own."

Winston1, kcal, Bengal B and 2 others like this.