Iverson to Detroit Possibility

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Nov 3, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Ouch, lets hope this works out for JD. He has such a good rep I would hate to see it tarnished by this move.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

You are right, but I have a little more detail on it now. Billups and McDyess going to Denver. Denver is going to buy out Dyess contract, because he is in his last year of the contract, for the cap space next year. Then they are going to waive him, he will be immediately picked up by Detroit off waivers, so he can return.

I think Iverson, will play well for him, he has a rep of turning cast offs to pretty decent players.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

How does that work? After Stack tried to do that last year didnt the commish say he was going to do something about that? Dont they have to sit out 30 days regardless? I cant really remember.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

It works if its not known, he has done this before with several different players. If Denver buys his contract out, then he will be waived. I think waivers are only a few days. Id have to research it more.

6. clair

clair Rockets

ESPN is saying McDyess will be back in 30 days..

If so, the trade is virtually Billups for Iverson...

If Detroit DOESN'T do that, then it's simply silly.

But I think they have to put Rip on the bench as 6th man and start Stuckey, though.

Iverson at PG doesn't work.

See also: Nuggets.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bad trade for Detroit.

Billups is a clutch player and one of the 3 or 4 best point guards in the league.

Much better defender.

Iverson, as good as he is, just is not a chemistry guy.

Detroit just downgraded.

8. clair

clair Rockets

people like you say Ron Artest is not a 'chemistry guy'.

But in the other thread, you talk about how good a player he is.

A contract year does amazing things for people.

AI is in one.

And Detroit also has the $ now to make a run at LeBron or Wade in that free agent class.

Being clutch does no good if you are not close in the big games, because it was obvious last year Det was not a step behind.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

I am convinced that you just say stuff just to say it. Billups is the worst defender on the Pistons, Hamilton always has to defend the point guard. Billups is in a decline. Allen Iverson, has been at the top of the NBA in steals the last 2 years. I didnt like the trade at first, but after some conversations. I get what is happening. Clair is right, this is a run at Lebron James, with a posssible Championship this year. here is the line up. AI, Hamilton, Prince, Johnson, Wallace. However, Mike Curry runs a 3 guard lineup, that will feature Stuckey, AI, Rip, Prince and Wallace. With AI and Hamilton on the floor, who do you guard without going into a zone defense. Its brilliant.

This article pretty much sums up what I learn last night from my conversation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-dumarslebron110308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

10. clair

clair Rockets

yeah, the whole Billups is a better defender thing makes no sense.

What part of AI's 2-2.5 steals per game does this guy not see? lol

Billups' biggest knock and why he lost a lot of PT to Stuckey was because of defense.