It's about to happen to us...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 5, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bama had their Shula years, Florida had their Zook and now Muschamp years, Auburn hired a Chiz mopper that won with Cam but screwed the rest up, post Petrino Arkansas still hasn't won an SEC game, Tennessee post Fulmer has stunk the joint up.

Is it our time?

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We had our time in the late 80's through the 90's.

Try to stay positive. If that's possible after last night's abomination.

Isn't it interesting that Arkansas still hasn't won an SEC game since mid 2012, and yet everyone is penciling that in as a loss already?

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

It's because of the way both teams are playing. Razorfags are showing improvement....LSU not so much.

4. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I'm not trying to kick mud on Miles but if he stay then yes. We will be dealing with a downgrade. I admit I and many have been spoiled by what Saban and then Miles brought to LSU. We got use to being an elite team, finishing up in the top ten.

Right now I just feel that Miles is not the same man he was when he was successful. LSU was a great place where kids would come in sit and learn. They would slowly increase playing time until they started as a JR or SR. The last few years the coaching up of players that was prevalent no longer appears to be the culture. The fire and swag that was LSU football is also missing.

I've said it many times but I think it all comes from Miles not liking being called a river boat gambler. He took it as a slap to his abilities. He was never a great X's and O's coach. He relied on his individual coaches and overlooked the gameplan. Miles won with his unwavering confidence in his team. He won with swag. Knowing we would pull it off. The BCSCG was icing on the cake for what appears to be a downfall.

I think LSU and Miles needs a change. I think if the change comes quick enough with the right coach we should be good. The talent is here, we just have to get the swag and winning culture back. If things linger too long then it may take time to bring that culture back.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

That's just because they want the golden boot back. It's the only thing in the Trophy case on the years they beat us.

b_leblanc likes this.
  6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Our only hope is if he breaks his contract and heads for Michigan. If Alleva extends Miles again....we need to drag joe out of his office and kick the shit out of him.

Rouxleaux, Richdog, Kal-El012 and 5 others like this.
  7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

It depends on what CLM does with our offense. If he thinks he can line up in the "I", send the defense a note that we are running up the middle, so AR can stack all 11 players in the box, with confidence that LSU won't pass the ball ... it will be a long night. OTOH, if AR were to come up to the line and tell all our guys, "hey, we are running the ball of right tackle" ... I don't think our D could stop them, even with all eleven in the box.

Coach B is putting together an offense that his talent is suited for. CLM is trying to run a big 10 offense with spread guys. As others have said, it's sad when I know exactly what play is comming when the offense lines up. Sad sad sad.

I'll have to go with the previous ... I think we have a better chance with ATM than we do with AR.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Jay Glazer reported that he doesn't see how Jim Harbaugh returns to the 49ers next year and he's usually spot on with his reporting. If that happens, then Harbaugh will be Michigan's next coach. Bank it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...harbaugh-remains-with-49ers-beyond-this-year/

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

But here's a serious question for all on the board: do we really want Alleva hiring our next football coach?

That worries me.

Rouxleaux, b_leblanc and Pintoracer like this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

We sure brought in a lot of talent in our Fresh class. Even Miles' critics say, despite his coaching, he wins because of the talent. Given our talent, even by their position, we have a chance. I'm still believing our run ain't over yet. NC in 2016.