News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

That is some "Things that make you go hmmm" shit right there. For the record, I have taken 2 Pfizer shots. I do believe however everyone deserves to make that decision for themselves. My situation is a bit of an extenuating circumstance though, as I have basically no immune system from the lung transplant. I held off until August of this year, but when all of my doctors started really urging me to get it, I had to step back and think about what they were telling me. I have a team of over 20 doctors that take care of me. Some wanted me to get it, some respected my decision to wait and said they didn't blame me, and some even told me to wait a while. But little by little they all kid of started aligning and the consensus became, "Look, you really need to do this. I can't promise it will protect you completely, but I can promise if you catch Covid in your situation it will not end well for you or your family...".. Once they were all kind of telling me the same thing I had to step back, think about it, and make the decision to do it. I realized that these same people literally placed another persons lungs in my chest to save my life; I had to trust their judgement. They were the last people that want me dead after all the work they put in on me. They were genuinely frightened that I might pick this thing up.

So yeah I did it. My pulmonologist was honest with me. She told me that it may or may not protect me from getting infected, but she said she could almost guarantee me that if I did, I would likely end up riding it out at home, albeit in close contact with them, rather than in the ER with a breathing tube in my throat. I know two other transplant patients (one heart, and one double lung like me) that caught it after being vaxx'd and they got over it fine at home. The said it sucked royal sweaty ass, but they got over it with no complications. Also told me that the monoclonal antibodies were a game changer.

Anyway, from listening to some folks talk, you'd think I'd be dead already. After all, a common cold could kill me just the same if left unchecked. So, I will be the site's guinea pig... If I start growing gills or extra appendages you guys will be the first to know. Sure, there are risks with taking it, or any other substance you inject in your body, but having a double lung transplant to save you from a disease that will kill you anyway within 5, 10, 15 years is a pretty big fuckin risk too. I ain't skeered... I also think this "protect others around you" bullshit is just that. If you can still carry and spread after taking the vaccine then it doesn't matter how many fuckin shots you get. Everybody (even the doctors and drug companies) knows that it does not prevent most times. It just makes it less severe on people that do catch it.

Lastly I'd like to mention that I will not be getting any more boosters or otherwise probably. The reason being is that 80%-90% (roughly) of transplant patients like me don't have an immune response to the vaccine, which means I produce little to no antibodies. I haven't confirmed that I haven't got any yet, but I figure if the two shots don't do it, that's a wrap. I've been tested (brain swabbed) 21 times to date, all negative so far. Then again, the transplant taught me the secret to not getting sick, and it's not some paper fucking mask.. Ready for this? The secret is, to WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS.... UNTIL YOU'RE SICK OF IT. Them wash them again! It's very easy. I was living covid life long before it came around. Welcome to the party fuckers! #transplantlife

transplant_life.jpg

Sorry for the long post. I probably have already posted all this shit before, but the meds fuck with my memory sometimes. Did I mention I forget shit?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Now why would that be?

lol there is no way that shit is going into my kids or my body! The blonde bomber took it and we are just waiting to watch her do the fish dance

6. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

You have plenty of company. IconLOL.gif

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

hmmm….

4A710725-59E0-48F3-8BE3-CB64EB79B6E0.png

shane0911 likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The REAL reason for vaccine mandates. But @Rex actually believes the Dims are pushing mandates because they care about people and its for the greater good.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Was it illegal what they did? Was it lawmakers in the executive branch that had a direct impact in the COVID decision making or congressional lawmakers who did not have a direct impact. Were they just informed lawmakers looking to make some capital gains like many people did by buying stock in companies that will make huge profits off of the vaccine?

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Well, the optics certainly don't look good. But given their stellar reputations and aversion to any type of scandal or corruption, I'm sure none of them used insider info to make a buck.

BornOnTheBayou likes this.