News Is coronavirus a wild card?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 24, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I am sure China has it being that they created it to kill the protesters.

2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I’m thinking the Democrats are prematurely ejaculating all Over themselves. Their media is pushing this hard to help sink the stock market and economy. But .... it’s February!!! Dem candidates are trying to connect this to Trump. The stupid NYT has suggested calling this the Trumpvirus. LOL.

I predict the market will stabilize and rebound before they finish licking the jizz off their chins.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Especially when they find a cure for it soon and Trump is right yet again.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So what impact will this have on the election? What is going to happen to the economy? What will the perception be of Trump’s performance? Will it matter more if Bernie is the democrat nominee or someone else like Biden?
    This isn’t commentary but question. I believe it’s way too early to have an opinion. I have no comment at this time. However the disease could be a critical component of the election. I think it could define how the middle of the electorate moves. What say you all?

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

If, erhhh, when, we start getting nationwide infections, the Dems will air, continuously Trump’s many statements about what a beautiful job he has done in combatting the virus. If that abortive, incoherent press conference was any indication of either his leadership or his grasp of the facts, which it was, he will be eaten alive in a debate.

Having said that, it is a shame and life threatening that the corona virus has been politicalized.....a microcosm of the state of government in this country.....politics and party over the nation and the people. From both sides!

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Mortality rate in countries other than China and Iran is 0.08%.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The media needs to back off on this crap. Pence said in an interview last night that Trumps quick decision to take the advice of his health officials to stop flights, close border, and create quarantine has spared the US a bad situation. According to Pence, the Health Officials said that without Trumps quick decision, we would likely be seeing a very different situation.

Granted, I know Pence is the VP under Trump, and the reality is we don’t know for sure what would have happened under a business as usual scenario cause it didn’t happen. But we do know, that under Trumps leadership, the US has seen 60 cases and no deaths, and none in critical condition.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hard to lock a country down with open borders.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I know a lot of you guys think highly of President Trump. We can disagree, pleasantly.

Do you feel comfortable with President Trump’s news conference and with him packing his task force with political appointees and only 2 scientists? Finally, are you comfortable with all coronavirus communications going through Pence?

just trying to understand positions I am odds with.

10. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

We are writing software for the studies now. Just had some of my team pulled