Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i think the dude playing whataboutism games who started this thread, we can definitely say yes to this asshole. yes, america is much better than china. we didnt release a virus from a lab that fucked up the whole world

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

maybe the most iportant thing biden can do other than slowing down his efforts to destroy the global economy with stagflation, is to organize an anti-china group in the pacific. vietnam, philippines, aus, NZ indonesia, s. korea etc.

but he wont do it because he is a fucking clown.

trump would be willing to do it but we had to get trump out of office because people are insecure about their own intelligence and worry that voting for trump will make their friends think they are stupid.

beijing biden is fucking us in many ways.

trump derangement syndrome, unwillingness to admit the orange man was doing the right shit, is the defining political force now.

the media even refused to report on lab escape theory because trump said it was likely. they defined themselves purely by being anti-trump.

i didnt like trump either. at first. i was wrong, he was borderline awesome.

APPTiger, StaceyO and fanatic like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

also we should positively boycott the winter olympics. we should make a strong proclamation that we support taiwan and they are independent and that any country that says otherwise can fuck off and take their business elsewhere.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

From a blog I follow and worth reading.
    Virtual Imperialism
    by Maggie McNeill
    Last Friday was the 32nd anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre, in which roughly 3000 people were brutally murdered by the totalitarian government of Communist China. Of course, the exact number will never be known, because the tyrants memory-holed the truth and have over the past generation methodically buried any and all references to the massacre accessible to their subjects, to the point that few young Chinese today can even recognize the iconic "tank man" photo. But if it were only their own subject population the Chinese were trying to bury in suffocating ignorance of their rulers' atrocities, there would be no point in writing about it because that has been the playbook used by every oppressive government since the invention of mass media. However, while past regimes were mostly limited to spewing propaganda via press releases and useful idiots (just as all governments do), the Chinese have taken their misinformation campaign into the 21st century by sending out swarms of social media "bots" to interject themselves into conversations featuring certain keywords, no matter which language those conversations occur in or what the nationality of the participants; after I retweeted a tweet about the "tank man" on May 28th, a short thread formed which has been repeatedly interrupted by tankies and bots, mostly during business hours in Beijing, and despite the thread having little engagement from real people. I've also seen similar harassment of threads about the genocide against the Uighurs, the suppression of Hong Kong, and the mere mention of Taiwan; furthermore, the Chinese are using their economic power to force Hollywood to make its spineless denizens dance like marionettes to whatever tune Beijing calls, no matter how transparently stupid, even to the point of publicly humiliating themselves by "apologizing" for merely stating plain facts. We're not yet to the point of watching the same crowd of celebrity halfwits who have proven so useful to "sex trafficking" fetishists singing "re-educational" songs about how much they love Xi Jinping, but what we are seeing, especially in light of Western governments' concurrent crusade to destroy the open internet, is more than horrifying enough, and does not bode at all well for the future.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

very seldom do people see the wide angle photo...... this is what courage looks like:

[​IMG]

shane0911, APPTiger and Winston1 like this.
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Everyone always mentions the guy who stood up to the tank, as they should, but I wonder what happened to the guy who was driving the tank. It was a huge embarrassment to the Chinese government, so was the driver punished in any way for stopping?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Ditto, And I still don't like Trump but I would vote for him again because his policies were truly borderline awesome.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

an inch at a time.....

Chuck Ross
    @ChuckRossDC

ยท
    45m
    TIME magazine fails to disclose CCP funding for content in its latest print edition. The mag struck a $700k ad partnership with China Daily, the state-controlled propaganda outlet.
    @TIME
    has not responded to repeated inquiries about the non-disclosure

[​IMG]

shane0911 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

His blood line ended.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

This is worth reading. Remember the Declaration of Independence was written to separate the colonies from an oppressive government. The constitution was written to limit the power of government. Today too many see government as a means to advance their politics and increase power. Remember the more power you give government, even one whose policies you support the more power you lose. The greatest risk is that the power you give to leaders whose policies you support will be used by those you oppose when they inevitably reach power. https://reason.com/2021/07/08/the-u-s-has-strayed-far-from-its-founding-ideals/?utm_medium=email