Is America really much better than China?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by USMTiger, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...ies-chinese-students-and-intelligence-threats

this is a very interesting article.

"
    comments from FBI director Christopher Wray about Chinese students at American universities.

Asked by Senator Marco Rubio to comment on “the counterintelligence risk posed to U.S. national security from Chinese students, particularly those in advanced programs in the sciences and mathematics,” Wray responded, “I think in this setting I would just say that the use of nontraditional collectors, especially in the academic setting, whether it’s professors, scientists, students, we see in almost every field office that the FBI has around the country. It’s not just in major cities. It’s in small ones as well. It’s across basically every discipline.

"

we have all noticed that in recent years the political left has been HARD pushing a racial division narrative. this is communist china's narrative. they want to spread division. and they have people in our media and in academia. when a stupid academic writes a terrible paper on why we are a racist nation, the chinese go into overdrive to support it. social media pushes the agenda now, and the chinese run social media.

lsu-i-like and fanatic like this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

things we always suspected for $200, Alex...

Annie Mapp
    @AnnieMapp_

·
    3h

#NEW: The University of Alabama is under investigation by the federal government for improper ties to China. More information at the provided link. https://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/leg/u-alabama-wiv.pdf

President Stuart R. Bell President’s Office
    The University of Alabama Box 870100
    Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
    Via Electronic Mail
    UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL
    December 22, 2020
    Re: Notice of 20 U.S.C. § 1011f Investigation and Records Request Dear President Bell:
    Section 117 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. § 1011f) requires institutions of higher education (IHEs), including the University of Alabama (UA), to fully report statutorily defined gifts, contracts, and/or restricted and conditional gifts or contracts from or with a foreign source to the U.S. Department of Education (Department). These reports are posted at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/data-center/school/foreign-gifts.
    It appears that UA has failed to report an alleged partnership with the Wuhan Institute of Virology (“WIV”), in Wuhan, China. See http://english.whiov.cas.cn/International_Cooperation2016/Partnerships/. The WIV, owned by the Chinese government’s Academy of Sciences, includes a maximum biocontainment laboratory (“MCL”) that may be closely linked to the origin and/or spread of the Chinese COVID-19 virus. See Shoham, “The Roots of COVID-19 Pandemic,” BESA Center for Strategic Studies (Dec. 14, 2020) https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/covid-pandemic-roots/. To verify UA’s compliance with Section 117, the Department requests that UA produce the following records within thirty (30) days. Unless otherwise noted, the relevant time frame for these requests is January 1, 2015, through the present.
    1. True copies of each gift or donation agreement, contract, and/or conditional gift or donation agreement to which UA and the Wuhan MCL, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, or the Chinese Academy of Sciences are parties.
    2. True copies of each gift or donation agreement, contract, and/or conditional gift or donation agreement or contract with or between UA and any of the following:
    a. BGp Inc.
    b. Educational Advisors Deda Co. Ltd.
    400 MARYLAND AVE. S.W., WASHINGTON, DC 20202-1100

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Say WHAT? Gumps in on the Wuhan??

Oh, this is delicious...

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How do you think they got the money to pay Saban.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

right this minute, breaking news, china is arresting basically every pro-democracy politician or activist in hong kong

american news is all georgia so this will be ignored but its a huge story

shane0911 and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

People in power are fucking sellouts. Very disturbing. And all these fucking idiots believe “orange man bad” but support sellouts.

shane0911, Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Democrats to the CCP: "hold my beer"

shane0911 and APPTiger like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i often give my friends a long speech about cbinese soft power, how they arre always trying to cast the US as poor, violent chaotic, and generally shit. they always ask why the chinese care enough to bother. why do they, for example, pay american youtubers to say china is safe and america is violent.

the main reason is they want their people to not aspire to be free like americans. they need their people to believe that central authority is the only way to avoid burning cities and murder.

they live in a low-trust society and they dont think they can trust anyone not to fuck everyone over if they are free to do so. they think their neighbors are useless shitbirds that, if they had access to western influence on the internet would fuck shit up. they think their society requires a strong leader beating sense into them. they think that if everyone had freedom of speech the critics of the government would destroy their social order. so they like being constrained. we hate it. or at least for now we do.

fanatic and Bengal B like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How quick does China move now?

[​IMG]

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think this goes in the Biden thread.