I saw a Burning Bush ( but don’t recall her name)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Watching Saints game ( they actually throw passes over 20 yards now) but thinking about our heroes.
    My vision:
    We go into ATM game 7-4 ( not sure whom we beating not sure whom we losing to ( ok, Bama).
    Beating Jimbo will put things at 8-4 and a Dipshit Bowl and make everyone warm and cuddly inside . Wolves saunter away from the door although not satisfied nor optimistic about future.
    HOWEVER
    We poop the mattress against the College Station Dorks and now we got ourselves a crappy 7-5.
    That puts next season in Elmer ‘16 2.0 mode. I doubt Baby Huey makes it to Halloween . Of course which ass Clown in that building do you hand Interim over to conclude shit storm?
    (Paging Hal Hunter! - socks optional)

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

To go 8-4, that means we need to win the remaining non-cons and go 5-3 in the SEC. Can you find 5 wins on the SEC schedule? Honestly, if we do that, it will mean a massive improvement between now and the end of the season, and they probably deserve another year.

I've always said that you don't really know what a coordinator is until year 2, anyway...

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We had 22 players out Sat. My belief now is O kept it plain vanilla against McNeese cause he knew he could and still win. May do the same thing this Sat.

We have no idea yet how good or bad we are yet.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I would like to believe there is some truth to this. But "vanilla" doesn't excuse our line's inability to block. At one point Saturday night, our rushing stats included 2 runs of 21 yards each, and 18 combined runs for 20 yards. That's inexcusable for the LSU offense against McNeese, even if you're down one on the depth chart at all 5 o-line positions (we were down 3).

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Another concern is the minimal effort. That can develop into a bad habit that is hard to bread.

mctiger likes this.
  6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Missing that many players will have an effect for sure, but we weren't vanilla. O was asked in the post game press conference if they were attacking or just trying to get through the week, and he pretty emphatically said it was attack. Maybe that's coach speak, but I don't think so. And like @mctiger said, even if it was, it's no excuse for what we saw.

7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I honestly am starting to think TDP shares a bit of blame too. The young kids were making some moves when there was room. TDP was supposed to be a bruiser but he just looks like your average RB but slower. Goodwin is now hurt but when he gets back I’d be getting him touches by the dozens.

It goes without saying that our run blocking overall is very poor.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i think we've got a pretty good idea....

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You have a point, but so-called bruiser backs usually have at least some movement from the hogs to help them. TDP is getting no push ahead of him at all, and he has no room to get a little momentum going before he hits the pile.

furduknfish and tzanghi like this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

We know exactly how bad we are we have seen it for two weeks now. As far as how good we could be is a different story, but these guys will have to dig deep and find some testicular fortitude for the SEC schedule or O will not make it.