I got the Rona

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I woke up the morning after the Superbowl with a terrible cough and hacking. My head felt like a basketball being bounced on a concrete court. The headache was probably from mixing beer and whisky but the cough and hacking up green slime lasted for 3 days. The 4th day I felt fine. That was in early February before their was so much hullaballoo over the China Virus

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Well I have recovered enough to write a few words. Probably not enough to get the whole story out. More or less I have an incurable brain cancer. Covid didn't give this to me but certainly exposed it. My prognosis is extremely limited. There are some experimental treatments that I am going to sign up for but worst case is 15 months. Best case is I get a full life. Anything in between is a successful trial.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

words are not the best vehicle, but prayers, well wishes, and godspeed.... here's hoping for the best for you and your family! You are a great example of courage under fire, and i am humbled by your spirit, as I would be blaming everyone and flailing about... thank you

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Not sure words mean a lot, but I wish you well, but more importantly, peace. Prayers are sent. Keep on keeping on.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

great to hear from you, elo,.. you're tough as nails, fight that sumbitch

6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Very sorry to hear that. My best wishes to you and your family for the time ahead. You will be in my thoughts.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

As has been said earlier words mean little in this but know you’ll be in my prayers. There always hope especially with advances in treatment today. Hang in there and let us know how you are. Everyone will be praying for you.

GiantDuckFan and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

So sorry to hear. In the immortal words of Jim Valvano 'Don't give up. Don't EVER give up.'

Bengal B and Winston1 like this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. Please keep us posted as you are able.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  10. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

So very sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family as you go thru this