How many of you actually watched....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 6, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The Game Again?

I did, its not as bad as I remember during.

I see a lot of the improvements, we were hoping for.....but I also saw new issues

Yates had a field day, similar to Jake Locker last opening game.

I think we have a legit shot at SEC & NC this year....I guess I am crazy!

Sorry Fella's

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My plan for tonight is to watch the game again. I always see things I missed the first time. I just get bored watching the same old commentary and commercials. Thank God for TiVo fast forward.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dang cut and paste isn't working again. :shock:

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That's why I'm taking the audio of Hawthorne's play-by-play and replacing the TV commentary for this year's games. If LSU ends up on CBS a lot this season it's going to be a necessity. Gary Danielson just makes those broadcasts un-freakin-bearable.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You sure you don't have Danielson and Lundquist mixed up?

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I watched it again, very impressed with Shepard and Peterson, again, plus Randle. I was most concerned with the o-line letting Coples through, Hurst did it once, and Williford once. Claiborne, for all his speed, is not tight on the receivers and let a long pass score on him. Yates was picking on him on short passes all night.

Francois at linebacker, his time at safety makes him a good cover linebacker.

Mistakes cost us mightily, penalties and fumbles.

We played a LOT of young guys; they have talent, they need experience. I wish J Lee would have gotten some playing time in the 3rd Q. We need to get him some.

I liked a lot of the young d-line, Montgomery, Brockers, Downs. The whole team seems young.

Edit: I really enjoyed Shepard's TD catch. He was well covered and being jostled once he caught it, but he hung on for the TD. That is the type of concentration he has to develop to become a big time receiver, and he showed it on that play. Course later a LB nearly decapitated him and he dropped the ball, but he was clearly stunned when he tried to get up. It was a viscous hit.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We are. Somebody told me we have 9 seniors who have some playing time. The bulk of the squad is freshman and RS freshmen.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

They're both annoying as hell. I can live with Lundquist and that stupid laugh of his that sounds like a short bus version of the Cowardly Lion. It's Danielson and his little snide remarks that I can't stand. He's a very good X's and O's guy, but he should just stick with that. Every time we played Florida during the Tebow years I could swear he needed multiple changes of underwear describing how Tebow was Jesus 2.0 in pads and cleats.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think LSU has the most dynamic and dangerous playmakers in the nation on offense (Randle, Toliver, DPete (where is he?), and Shepard). Add in Desmond Howard, er, Patrick Peterson into the mix, and that is more than a handful to combat.

The O-line looks just as bad as last year I am afraid. Hopefully that changes.

QB play was ok, about what we have been seeing from JJ from last year. Still has that indecisiveness in him, but maybe he's getting a little better in that department. Accuracy is still an issue, he needs to improve. You have to lead receivers for YAC, and I am not sure he can do that well.

The D-line looks the most improved out of any part of this team. Nevis has put his name in the hat for early All American Honors. Lots of good quality depth, should be strong in the 4th (unfortunately that wasn't really the case vs NC, as they did most of their damage).

Secondary is the most worrisome part of the team, as an mostly untalented North Carolina QB working without a running game and without his primary receiver burned us for over 400 yards. That would be comical if it wasn't against us.

Overall, coaching still appears to be greatly insufficient as discipline and crisp play is totally out of the window. This is still my worst fear that coaching will once again let down a team full of talent from realizing it's full potential.

It's almost impossible to gauge who we even played Saturday night, but my best guess is we were playing a pretty bad team. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks about that as NC moves on in their upcoming schedule.

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I see a kinder gentler Izzy...you been drinking that kool aid too???:grin: