How is this going to work?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HalloweenRun, Dec 4, 2021.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Assuming LSU gets in a bowl. Unfortunately it will probably be an early one. How is coaching the team going to work?

Will Kelly Coach?

If so, the same offense and defensive schemes that were used all year? Something kludged together?

How about the Co-ordinators, and for that matter, all the other coaches?

With a push to fill out the staff quickly to secure recruits/recruiting it seems to really complicate bowl preps and coaching.

What do you think?

2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

That decision was made a week ago.
    TigerDetails - Offensive line coach Brad Davis to coach LSU in bowl game (rivals.com)
    I expect Kelly is going to be extremely busy between now and the bowl game getting himself and his family settled, hiring a staff, watching a bunch of film and most importantly RECRUITING. I expect he will watch some practices but nothing beyond that.

LSUTiga, furduknfish and shane0911 like this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

4. geaux9

geaux9 Founding Member

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_db6b9054-554f-11ec-a343-1bc0914745c4.html

“Another big question is who will coach the bowl for LSU. The school named offensive line coach Brad Davis as interim head coach after the Texas A&M game, but new coach Brian Kelly said Wednesday it remains to be decided whether he will coach LSU in its bowl game.”

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

No.

That would be counterproductive in that we need to cleanly close one chapter and start a new one. The only overlap that needs to happen is Kelly needs to focus on stitching up the recruiting class Orgeron started and pepper in any recruits interested in following him here.

6. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I think having Davis coach was a good decision

7. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I totally understand letting Davis coach the bowl game because he's familiar with how things are run. I'm more interested in who will be assistant coaches because that has a huge impact on our current players and future recruits.

HalloweenRun likes this.