How does Mullen firing affect LSU hiring new HC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 21, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think most of us already know that Florida is a great job in a very fertile recruiting area. So how does Mullen being fired affect LSU? My thinking is unless we already have someone locked down in a contract - which I don't think we do - this is really going to shake up the search and could cost LSU even more to land the coach they want. Personally, I think Kiffin is perfect for the Florida job because he reminds me a lot of Spurrier with that high powered offense and is not afraid to take a chance every once in a while. My pick for LSU is still Hugh Freeze because he's a proven HC and we could probably get him at a bargain price. He understands the SEC and has won in the league, despite not always having the best talent. I know he has baggage, but he's kept his nose clean for a few years now. Then again, every HC is a huge gamble to a certain extent. I guess we LSU fans can only hope Woodward has our next HC nailed down and is just waiting for the right time to announce it. I have a gut feeling that as more HC jobs open up, Napier may end up being the guy. My biggest concern is the Sun Belt is several levels below the SEC and can he have the same success at LSU? At this point, I'm just ready to find out who the next HC will be ... as long as it's not Fisher!

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not banging the drum for Napier, if he is the hire than he is the hire. I am a bit tired of hearing "but he coaches in the sun belt"

So fucking what? Can he coach or not? Do they play with different rules there? Only 10 allowed on Defense? Seriously, this "he coaches in blah blah conference " is so dumb. Almost taintish

Swerved, tigerace, fanatic and 7 others like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I’ve been watching and betting on usl every week and they are a well oiled machine and Napier would be great here. He’s prollly the best available coach.

northernvatiger and shane0911 like this.
  4. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Article today in The Advocate that Title IX will be a consideration in hiring of the new coach. Past incidents involving Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley, and James Franklin were mentioned where they all looked away and/or defended players who committed rape. Freeze was not mentioned, but NO way in hell he will be considered.

fanatic likes this.
  5. shane0911

Are you sure? Because some here would have you believe he is Ted fucking Lasso because he coaches in a conference where they play under CFL rules or rugby or some shit.

Morons

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Yeah freeze is out. Lane prolly out. The shitpaper better known as the advocate are as anti lsu more so than our own opponents. Rabalais c and his cronies can suck it.

TigerFan90 and shane0911 like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We could also hire a successful high school coach. Coaching at a big time college comes with different challenges.

I haven’t watched USL, maybe he’s great. Aranda is doing it (though not as long) at a comparable level to LSU.

It has also been mentioned that he wasn’t a successful coordinator and neither Saban nor Dabo elected to use him as an OC. Seems like another CEO, which I’m not crazy about.

Hou-duco likes this.
  8. shane0911

Are we looking at him for OC?

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

With you on Rabalais seems to be auditioning to get a woke job at ESPN.

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree that Freeze won't be given strong consideration, but I think he would do a great job if given the chance. Someone is going to give him a chance one day and I hope we don't regret letting him walk by!

TCUTiger likes this.