Have a feeling Nuss will be transferring soon!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 18, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Let me first say that daddy calling the LSU coaches is total crap. Nuss is a young man and deserves to be treated like every other player on the team, even if daddy is an NFL assistant. With that being said, O's comments about Max definitely being the starter and that Nuss simply didn't do enough to earn the starting spot had to totally upset his son and dad, who just a week or so ago called the coaches complaining about his son's playing time. With Walker Howard hopefully still coming, I can't see Nuss sticking around and waiting to see how everything unfolds. I realize the new coach will re-evaluate the QBs, but I don't see Nuss hanging around hoping he gets the starting job. He also understands he could be watching from the sidelines again next season. IMO, Max should be the starter and he gives LSU its best chance at victory, but I totally understand Nuss moving on to better his career. I definitely think our QB room next season will look very different. These next several weeks are going to be a wild ride for LSU fans in terms of players staying or transferring and HC news that seems to change daily!

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

With you on this one cage. Max would have beat the hogs last weekend. Screw Nuss and his dad if they don't like it. If our next coach is as good as everyone thinks Woodward is capable of hiring he will attract or bring with him a good QB. I like Nuss's athleticism and rocket arm but I don't like his decisions a whole bunch.

msully likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Rumors and rumors of rumors. This is ridiculous unless you have some specific information. Like the coaching search no one has a clue about what is happening.
    How about we limit our wild speculation to the coaching search for now.
    BTW I agree the next few weeks to months will be a wild ride. Let’s not make it wilder with unsubstantiated shit like this.

LSU_4_LIFE and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Buckle up Winston gonna be more of this it's unavoidable when a coach is fired but kept on mid season.

msully likes this.
  5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

If he does enter the transfer portal, it's because O made a private conversation public, because he doesn't give a shit.

Pjoe and rockwallfan like this.
  6. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

We heard you the first time. Beat Dead Hore.gif

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Wouldn't be any great loss. Orgeron threw away that Arkansas game by letting him play at all.

65Grad likes this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

There is a lot of things to pin on Oeaux, but I see this as a non-issue. After the Alabama game someone asked Orgeron why he did not play Nuss since Max was ineffective. I recall Orgeron mentioning that Nuss could only play in 1 more game before burning his redshirt. A day later Oeaux had the conversation with papa Nuss where he (papa Nuss) said he was ok with his son playing provided it was meaningful minutes and not mop-up duty. Since Oeaux was going to start Nuss for the Ark. game, he had to explain why he was doing a 180.

9. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Orgeron threw the game away when he let him to go the whole game. After the 2nd series of the 2nd half it was obvious to most that the Nuss experiment was not ready for prime time and it was time to go back to Max.

10. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you meant that Nuss would play against the Hogs. Johnson started.