hats of to JV

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Oct 9, 2005.

1. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

hats off to JV

I must admit I had kicked him to the curb but man he was back in 2003 form last night. His play will only make us better.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Vincent didn't perform well against Mississippi St. He didn't perform well against anyone last year.

Whether Vincent is back or not can only be determined by further games, but his performance last night cannot be discounted by the competition.

PS: Wasn't FightinTiger one saying we might lose to Vanderbilt? And now all of a sudden they suck & we can't tell anything about this team from the game. Even if there were no coaching errors...

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

JV is a good second back to rest up Addai. that's bout it. he is capable but not as good. Many teams wouldbe lucky to have as many good backs as we have. good luck to him.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Re: hats off to JV

He had a decent game against a weak defense, nothing to get really excited about.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yes, but no more so than when he played against other inferior competition - as I pointed out. He played better this game than he has against teams with relatively the same amount of inferior talent as Vandy. Thus, this performance was better than any of his others & it cannot be attributed soley to Vanderbilt's fault because if that were the case Vincent would excel against all inferior competition, which he hasn't.

6. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Compared to the way he had been playing its deff. a plus.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I might agree that he was back if he had just commit to the inside on a few plays. He has good moves, but he relies on them too much. While he had some decent numbers last night, he showed that he still hasnt broken that habbit. He hasnt learned to follow his blockers, and he insists on breaking to the outside every chance he gets. It really sucks, because he is very physically talented. Its his head thats holding him back.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Getting a number of carries has to help with his confidence and in getting him back into game shape. I think htat will help him in choosing the holes in the future.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im glad to see jv get some good runs, but it was no big deal. he is not "back".

jv continues to miss the hole. that is a huge problem that will prevent him from ever being dependable--hopefully he'll get better with more carries.

im getting tired of all the homer talk about how great our RBs are. "we are so lucky!" "any team in the country would be lucky..." BS. with the loss of AB we are down to average backup RBs for the SEC, and if you're comparing to top 10 programs i wouldnt be surprised if we're in a worse position.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Listen, the point is that you have to recognize that JV looked good. To not recognize that would be to basically label yourself a pessimist...

No you can't say he has "regained" his 2003 form. But he looked average against Miss St and looked great against Vandy. Let's see where he goes, but Vandy was definitely a positve for JV and you should recognize that...