Final recruiting predictions, and how many will we sign?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TONY TIGER, Jan 28, 2004.

1. TONY TIGER

TONY TIGER Founding Member

we have 25 committs so far. Two not qualified Kuale and coleman, that makes the count @ 23 this year. I'm not sure on what year they will count against. Anyone that knows for sure, i apprieciate the info. My wish list for the remaining schollies are as follows: Herman Johnson, Tony Bell, Lavelle Hawkins, Thaxton. Anyone with some inside info please post your thoughts!

1 person likes this.
  2. Soap

Soap Founding Member

I will predict we get Johnson and Thaxton/Bell. Hawkins is not qualified and he would have to be gray shirted.

1 person likes this.
  3. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Kuale will be fully qualified in the Fall and will NOT grayshirt***

nm

1 person likes this.
  4. TONY TIGER

hope your right soap, that would be a great finish!

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Only 25 can actually sign, right? the others hold off till next year. Does anyone have a link saying Hawkins is not qualified, because I have only seen it writing on Message Boards, and well , we aren't exactly always acurate. Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

I am projecting

29 total, some will come in the summer....some in 2005. A few commitments will probably go JUCO, Coleman is probably one for sure! Kuale is not an academic casualty, transcript didn't have a class needed to get into LSU, look for him to be here in the summer....

Herman Johnson (done deal)
    Tony Bell (done deal)
    Lavelle Hawkins (going JUCO, possibly make the grades?)

One surprise, don't know who, just a big name that will surprise all...

1 person likes this.
  7. TONY TIGER

i hope your right amedee83, i always like a suprise is it a big time player ?

8. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Rivals list of recruits has LSU at 24, but this list doesn't include the addition of Tim Washington, a Gray Shirt freshman from last year's class, and Ali Highsmith, a three star Miami commitment last year who didn't academically qualify but has since qualified academically and has recently enrolled at LSU this year for the spring semester.

E.J. Kuale, a committed JC recruit apparently is lacking one three hour course of being able to transfer and enroll at LSU in the spring so will remain at his JC school for the spring semester to make up for the course he lacks and then join the Tigers for the fall semester in time for next season. His schollie should count against the 2005 class, as should Harry Coleman's schollie who currently is academically unqualified.

So all told, LSU has 24 schollies out of a max 25 schollies already dedicated out, leaving one more schollie for hopefully Herman "The House" Johnson tomorrow at 9 am. However, if someone highly rated, like a Tony Bell agreed to commit to the Tigers, I'm sure Saban and crew would find a way to get them into the program, at least I hope so.

As for as Lavelle Hawkins is concerned, he currently is unqualified academically, but would make another really great grey shirt addition to the program.

1 person likes this.
  9. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

Kuale

Kuale cannot be counted as a 2005 recruit if he is in school on scholarship and plays in the Fall, which he and his coach say he will.

10. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Re: Kuale

Okay, then that means someone else besides Coleman has committed to be gray shirted. Don't have any idea who that may be, however.