FEMA Director Brown relieved

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Sep 9, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

At lunch, WAFB reported that "unnamed sources" are saying that Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown is being removed from his role managing Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.

The Associated Press reports Brown is being sent back to Washington from Baton Rouge. He was the primary FEMA official overseeing the federal government's response to the disaster.

It was not known if this is due to the mismanagement of the Hurricane Katrina response or yesterdays revelations that Brown lied about his resume. Brown is a Bush administration appointee with no previous experience in emergency management. Previously he was head of a horse show organization. Apparently he stated that he was a law school professsor on his resume when he was in fact a law student.

This is what comes of appointing people based on their ideology or their campaign donations instead of their ability to do the job. According to a column in the morning advocate, Brown was quoted on the day of the hurricane as saying he "sent 1,000 people down there to make a good impression". To be more worried about an impression than addressing the problem reveals him to be a politician, not a professional.

2. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

www.foxnews.com

Removed from the EOC in BTR to be replaced with Admiral Allen

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno much about whether this guy is incompetent or not, but this definitely is one more example of most services provided by the government are terrible. i would be happy if fema did nothing and was abolished entirely.

4. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Now we have a military guy in charge that won't take any crap and knows how to get things done. With FEMA out of the way a lot of the buracracy(sp) goes away and more action is done quicker.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Now maybe we can get rid of the Mayor of NO and the Governor of Louisiana since
    they had more to do with it the Mike Brown did. :hihi:

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What do you mean "we", Colorado boy? :hihi: