February Signing Day 2021

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

So the father of Brian Thomas Jr. has said he won't be announcing tomorrow. It's down to us and the aTm. Rumor is Brian and mom want to stay home, but dad has been selling him to the highest bidder all along. Crazy steep asking price is the word. Feels like one final leverage play by pops.

Other than BTJ being a take it looks like LSU will hold onto the other two of the remaining three scholarships available. Transfer or carry it to next year?

BTW, qb Cole Lourd from Cali tweeted he got scholarship offer from us. It is said to be if he comes he'll be blue shirting at LSU. Peetz liked him after getting the job, his family is local ties, gotta keep that qb room filled with Myles unsettled and Finley maybe looking to bounce.

Anyone got any thoughts? Used to be a big day tomorrow, but feels very much not the case anymore with ESD.

kcal and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My thoughts are BTJ is he's a liability if all is true about his dad. I see a train wreck for the kid and he will get us in trouble down the road. I say move on there are always great WR's in Louisiana. Watched a lot of vids on Lourd I say take him cause if O and Peetz are offering there must be something going on behind the scenes with our QB's. My feeling is TJ is unhappy. Watched his attitude on the sidelines last year and and wasn't good. Maybe it's Brennan that's either still injured or unhappy. Nussmier may be wavering but the Lourd kid is good enough in my mind to remedy any loss at QB. MJ is our QB he has that it factor like Burrow did. Walker coming in in 2022 and the Holstein kid if we can get him will be our 2023 QB. I wouldn't waste one second of time trying to get the Manning kid unless he ask us to take him they are not Louisiana proud they just live here.

Sign Lourd forget BTJ, take Jones and Makaneole and the surprise recruit or transfer I know O will come up with today. You are right that Christmas day feeling about NSD is a thing of the past now.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

98% chance it's ATM.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

if dad gets the 300k he's reportedly asking for then that goes up to 100%....

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What are the chances Davis is still in play?

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i think that ship has sailed....

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If we go light on OL/DT and keep our OL coach, and have to listen to the excuse we’ll fix it in recruiting again, I’ll have my pitchforks sharpened and ready. This isn’t just a 2021 issue, it’s a roster management issue.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Your pitchfork is always sharp was very pointy and sharp even in 2019.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

did all 2020 OL returning pause the OL LSU was recruiting, or have we decided to use the portal instead?