ESPN - Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Feb 2, 2012.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

ESPN - Les Miles - A segment on ESPN Camera Phone

did anyone watch sportcenter during lunch.
    I took a break and ate my steak and cheese subway watching ESPN sportcenter.
    On there they had a story on Miles where they showed him last night essentially dressing down Kiel

he said
    "We had a kid from Indiana who didn't have the chest to lead a team"

Kind of on the fence about that. I am happy someone is finally sticking up for our program and throwing some darts back. But wonder if it is a good idea to call out an 18 year old on National TV.... Wonder if that will hurt or help us

Again I want nothing more than for our team to go into Bunker mentality with all the bad press an us against the world approach so I am happy Miles is finally lashing back BUT interesting to say the least.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not pleased about this one. Lane Kiffin-type move....Les is supposed to be better than that.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ah screw it, bout time he said what he felt instead of dancing around everything.

4. TexasTigers

Yeh kind of my thinking. I am sure he is very upset and rightfully so by the games some of these kids played. Kiel actually effected another kid dramatically (Patrick Miller) so his little stunt was not only very poor from an integrity perspective but his little I wont say anything just show up at ND effected another kid who really wanted to be at LSU...
    So I am sure he wore it on his sleeve a bit. But just thinking there was a better way to call some of that stuff out than basically calling him Spineless.

Had he removed the "indiana" part and kept it vague i think it may have been better.
    But I just have a feeling its not the last of it. I suspect he will get some heat for it. Never good to dress down an 18 year old.

One thing I do wish is if some of the player leaders came out and addressed Davis's little comment head on. I wish that kid WOULD get dressed down by some of the players.

5. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

I agree speak the truth :thumb: I guess the politically correct thing was to say he wanted to be close to mommy!!!

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

did he do this on sports center, or at the bash? remember "****ingalabama" a few years ago? same thing if at the bash, which is a private and closed pep rally. if on sports center, not so good.

7. TexasTigers

No it looked like a cell phone video from the bash. You could tell it was amateur video.
    I am sure some Anti-Miles Jackass sent it to SC.
    Give it a minute I am sure it will be all over the web with a response from the Kiel family in kind.

8. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

9. TexasTigers

As you can tell the "comments" are not very flattering to Les or LSU.
    Not that I care.
    But it is just more press we dont need right now. Good or bad.
    I am sure the pundits will have a field day with this.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

so he said what he thinks at a private paid to attend event, that is essentially a pep rally. i agree that if he had left the word "indiana" out of it, it would have been better.

but it is also the truth, so even tho it may have not been pc, pretty much everyone that followed this kid's drama will agree. everyone but the domers.

i would not have recommended he say it, just because it isnt pc and you know was not gonna be "what is said at the bash, stays at the bash".