End of Net Neutrality

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 29, 2014.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Maybe nothing. But the problem is that the whole model is already screwed up. South Korea is the freest country in the world. You know what they don't have. Cable monopolies. Until that is solved nothing really matters.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh they'll lose.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I can't imagine anyone disagrees with that. How will these laws unravel the monopolies that currently exist? What do you propose to get us to a situation like South Korea? And How is South Korea set up to not have monopolies? Unfortunately, I'm afraid due to the sheer size of the countries, we won't be able to do what they do.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think municipal networks will be a big player in breaking up monopolies. Companies like Google are rolling out Gigabit internet for a much smaller price than the ISPs. Those two areas I think will be the ones that have potential to make the biggest impact. After that, it's going to take our political leaders to wean themselves off the money being thrown at them by the TimeWarner, Comcast, AT$T, etc. lobbyists and start busting up these businesses.

I don't have an issue with them making money. I take issue with them deciding who gets preferred access on the internet. They don't own the internet. We do.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

a few years now without net neutrality bullshit, and as i predicted, we are fine. we just saved money on stupid government regulators

fanatic and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

all of this was wrong and stupid. i am going back to threads we argued about in the past and finding all my correct predictions. there are many. net neutrality is fine, and none of these dumb predictions panned out. just more clamoring for big government bullshit

Winston1, shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this is still true, we never needed net neutrality, but the Biden fuckwads want more control again and are bringing it up again

"FCC announced plans today to reinstate Obama-era net neutrality rules that were rescinded under the Trump Administration"

none of the shit they predicted came true. none of it. exactly like I said would happen. but they still clamor for control.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    mctiger and shane0911 like this.