.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I was ecstatic on Saturday night 9-3-11, but since then I have calmed down and back to the nitty gritty SEC schedule we go.

I admire you as a fan, I truly do and have told you many times. However, as a non-duck fan, I am just sayin.......you guys might want to consider implementing a more physical style. I don’t think it would take away from much and would definitely bring more to the table in controversial matchups for Oregon.

But, If you are content with seasons of nice highlights finished by losing the big games to tougher competition, then I can’t change that mentality of yours. All I can say, Is I hope you get the same enjoyment out of going back and watching YouTube videos of Oregon rolling teams like Nevada as I do when I watch my Tigers man handle teams in Big Bowl games & BCS National Championships

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Same reasons as before, now with some qualifiers, Add Game experiance, and practice. Everytime you throw the dice they come up different.

Mostly, I think we lost more because of us than you. We should have put up a lot better fight.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I understand waiting to receive packages of plays, It just sounded from Thomas's own mouth that he'd line up every down (or almost) and wait for LSU to show it's defense. Didn't sound like a solid strategy for an offense that wins by keeping the pace very fast and keeping the defense off balance by not giving them time to set up. If that is Chip's solution to playing against defenses that disguise their packages well . . . I'd suggest that isn't the best strategy.

Understand, I'm not saying UO's offense is broken. It's obviously not by how they got 600+ yards last weekend. Chip obviously has some idea of what's going on. I wonder how much of it is Chip not making adjustments for SEC defenses and how much of it is players hamstringing his offense against defenses that are of equal / greater talent.

I'm also curious, If LSU and UO played again tonight you'd pick UO? What do you thinks changed? Or is that simply from the standpoint of, You never pick your team to lose? (which I totally understand. me either)

4. LSU_4_LIFE

This is why the Lights NEVER go out in Vegas. Fans Like You :thumb:

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Dude , I like the ducks. I like you as a poster.
    I was commenting on why our defense was overpowering in the game, in relation to the article. The dudes are just big, strong and fast. So are uo's players. The difference is depth. Uo had to go to a freshman that fumbled the game away. Our defense got uo out of their normal comfort zone gameplan and our offensive line tired your guys out. If uo would have had back ups on the d- line that were as good as the starters than you could have kept fresh legs in the game.
    The diffrence was the turnovers. Once lsu got ahead then our defense held the line.Lsu was able to be more physical in the game and it tired out your big men. Your back ups couldn't hold the line as your starters got winded. Thus we had two runners with 100 yards each.
    I am not beating up on the ducks. I surely don't mean no disrespect to you personally. I hope you beat everyone else.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

Players and Coaches, along with beat writers and fans need to just move on from the LSU game. If you guys are only going to look back on your mistakes, then you will never learn the truth of what happend on the field that night. I can look back on several mistakes made by LSU that had the ball bounced differntly, it would have been 52-13 LSU

Point is, you have accept the loss and move on. If you feel like you ONLY beat yourselves and LSU didnt beat you, you are delusional. And if you came back with the same plan, same staff, and same mentality, you would get the SAME result
    Im just sayin..........

7. LSU_4_LIFE

The article MADE NO SENSE!!

You dont compare Nevada & LSU's defense, YOU JUST DONT DO IT!

No, Our defense held the line from the start of the game. If LSU had fumbled twice in a row, Oregon is NOT converting on both for TD's. Point is, yes they fumbled, but the UO defense had the opportunity to hold us to FG Attempts not even FG makes. UO Had just as many opportunities to makes plays as LSU did. They were both out there the same amount of time, I am not going back down this road. The ducks got beat. Chip Kelly got out-coached.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I should have said in relation to what was said about the article. I didn't read the article, only ducks opinion of it and his conclusions in regard to it.
    Nevada < lsu

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU has added the same, of course. Is this like the thing where LSU is going to get tired and Oregon won't? :wink: How did that work out?

Football isn't a game of chance, however.

Sure pal, I believe you. :rolleye33:

On this we can agree.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

I know bro, Im with you