.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Bossie State, no

Gene Chizik, phuck no

2. HeadsUp

HeadsUp Veteran Member

How about you comin our way and we'll send those fire hydrant-sniffin' aggies out there?

3. GiantDuckFan

This is an especially good article about the Duck's offense.

.....Start with Oregon’s tempo. In the opener, the UO offense often got to the line of scrimmage, waited for the defense to get set and then looked to the sideline for the final play call.
    The hope was that, in lining up initially, the Tigers would betray their intentions on the upcoming snap, which Oregon’s coaches could exploit by changing the play.
    “LSU disguises a lot,” UO quarterback Darron Thomas said. “They’re a good disguise team, so you’ve got to do that to the good disguise teams, just to see where they’re coming from.”.....

Less disguise meant more bells and whistles for Oregon

1 person likes this.
  4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The Chief is a great DC, I think everyone down here has nothing but respect for the guy. He seems very loyal to a program and can COACH a defense.

The only thing in the article I don't agree with is with them saying Chip didn't open up the play book. I would hope, in a losing situation, every play in the book is on the table. No need to hold something for later in a game situation like UO was in.

Also, if UO is known for it's speed on offense anytime they face a team good at disguising that will basically kill their speed if they sit around and wait for them to line up. I'm not sure I understand that logic fully, unless Chip thought he could go straight up against LSU.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I think the lsu defense had the ducks confused. The coaches couldn't figure out what to do that would work. The reason why is that the ducks were out manned on the line. Player for player, our kids just out played theirs. We were stronger, faster and deeper than they were. When they were forced to play a freshman runningback, he couldn't handle the physical play of the tigers. We beat his asz and he fumbled the ball twice. Our offensive line manhandled their d line and the same with our d line manhandled their o line. Nothing can be done by a coach on the sideline when your players are getting their asz kicked by better players on the field. The same happened in the auburn game. Auburn beat them up.

6. GiantDuckFan

Sorry, I don't have much insight on what Kelly meant by not opening the playbook, unless he meant that our receivers were so dominated, that he basicall threw away parts of the playbook.

When our QB stands at the line, waiting for the play call, it's not actually a play they are waiting for, it's a package. An envelope of plays ran from the same basic formation. After receiving the package, the Ducks are good to go at hyper pace, play after play, untill a new package seems appropriate. Sometimes, it is just a feint to lure the bad guys into a trap.

I liked the article, mostly because I havn't heard Kelly or Duck players be quite so detailed in describing their strategies. Chip's pretty secretive about his offense, it's hard to know what he's up to.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

A few Words

BIASED
    EXCUSES

NOT SHOCKED

The reason the Ducks got handled by LSU, is because they "Flat our" got out played. Period

As soon as some UO fans can just admit to themselves that the UO offense needs to be changed up some, the sooner UO will win the crystal. UO Fans need to understand that your offense is only going to get you where you need to be, it’s not going to whip out, put the condom on and stick in for you.

When you face tough defenses that have seen several looks and have just as much speed as you(tOSU, Auburn, LSU) you then have to rely on the basic fundamentals’ of football to win the big games. Win the TOP, win the Line of Scrimmage, win the field position battle, win the TO battle.

Bells & Whistles - WILL NEVER WIN IT ALL

But you guys keep trying, and I'll keep watching very entertained.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I take that back,

Insanity: Writing an article and comparing the Nevada defense, to that of the LSU Tigers
    Brandon Touchard

9. GiantDuckFan

You won,... are you not ecstatic?

If Oregon vs LSU was played again tonight. I'd pick the Ducks to win 37-20 with confidence. I love our style of play, I would be dissapointed if we didn't stick with it.

I wouldn't trade coaches, players, traditions, or uniforms for those of LSU's. So, go ahead, keep on yapping at me, for some insane reason. Realize though, I'm not going to say what you want to hear, because I don't believe it.

Rwilliams, same deal, I love my Ducks, and that's not gonna change.

So c'mon cheer up you guys, if you can't,
    Go take it out on the Bulldogs.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What do you think has changed?