.....Emerald Green and Lemon Yellow.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GiantDuckFan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I couldn't agree more with you.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

+1. I, too, hope he remains an active member on many threads. I enjoy his perspective.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Hey duck

you were pretty damn close on that final score prediction. Good job:)

4. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Personally I would never feel good about a score like that. Unless we played our 2nd and 3rd stringers (and maybe let Golden Girl or two on the field).

Here's hoping that happens tonight!

LSU 70
    NW St. 3

"GEAUX!"

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

A few things after watching the video. First, Who's that announcer because I want to kill him. lol He's got the most annoying high pitched squeal everytime Oregon did something.

Second, Did Oregon actually go for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter while being up 55 to 20???? If so, that's a Class act there /=

Other than that; your boys did good GDF. Nothing like pounding on a team to make you feel better about the last week. Hope you guys keep winning. Your offense definitely has to like itself this week. Defense had 1 or 2 pick 6's too. . .all around solid performance by everyone.

7. GiantDuckFan

LOL, I don't know who the announcer was, the game was televised on 'Versus'.

About, "going for it", consider the situation, we've all seen it. Late in a game decided early, winning team driving down the field, confronted with 4th down. What to do? Run-up the score by kicking a field goal, or look bad going for it.

I say,.. just run the plays, the kids need to practice. I'm not in favor of fumbling on purpose, just to be nice.

That uniform combination is way down my list of favorites, I didn't think we looked that good out there.

Actually Darren Thomas looked great, and so did DeAnthony Thomas, the Duck's offense took some big strides today. James looked good, Nevada couldn't keep up to speed on defense.

Nevada had a much better than expected QB, a cool/calm 5th year senior. The Wolfpack effectively moved the ball down the field, all game long.

The Duck's ability to stop the run is not what it was last year, at least not yet.

Nevada has a good strong RB and you could tell this is a solid, very well coached team. After losing Colin Kaepernick, and 2 of their other best players to graduation. I expected them to suck this year, nope, they were good, much better than I expected. Remember they beat Boise St. last year, and finished ranked #12.

They didn't have a prayer against our O, but we had trouble getting them off the field. To their credit, the Wolfpack went for touchdowns 3 times and failed, rather than kicking the easy field goal.

Nevada had 516 total yards, and 283 yards rushing. Nevada also won the time of possession battle;

38:18 minutes Wolfpack, Oregon 21:42 minutes

No wonder we only won by 49.

Next up mighty Missouri State.

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Les was in a very similar situation yesterday and he opted to kick the field goal. Of course the kicker missed it, but I'm sure everyone would have handled a made field goal a lot better than a 4th down play that went for a TD.

Either way, I don't really wanna beat on Oregon because you guys are good and you're a good guy GDF. I just thought that 4th down play was some Nick Saban type sh*t.

I'm actually really happy for DeAnt Thomas though. Rough last game for the kid, I'm glad he could turn around and have a good game. Now if only you could talk to Oregon about changing the highlighter yellow/green color on their uni's.

I don't remember if it was last year or the year before but their last, darker green uni's I thought looked pretty darn good. Especially compared to this color.

9. GiantDuckFan

Green helmets, green jerseys, dark pants, remains my favorite. I really like the black uniforms too. I guess I've seen enough to know,... I don't like the grey pants.

We're good, it's a valid comment. Chip usually leaves it up to the other team to stop us, rather than putting up the 3pts. Kelly wouldn't call a pass play, under these circumstances, it must have been a standard run play, that got busted for a TD.

Sorry, I'm pretty much onboard with PK, besides, it's a very long line, waiting to see Phil Knight about Oregon uniforms.

Note on Chip Kelly, I respect him very much, two examples why;

Kenyon Barner had a very scary concussion last year this is about that.

Barner's Scare Showed Oregon Isn't New Evil Empire | The Sports Brewery

Once,.. I forget the team and when, an opposing player got hurt near the Oregon sideline, close to Chip Kelly. It looked bad, Chip ran onto the field, knelt down and held the opposing players hand, while he leaned in close and talked to the kid, consoling him, until his team's medics arrived.

One of the classiest things I've ever seen.

It's a good day to be a Duck

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Keeping the ball allows you to run more clock and get the game over with faster. Makes sense to me. Of course, getting your place kicker practice isn't a terrible choice either.