Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sure Kiki BTW the 1st is much more important as is the 4th, 6th and 10th (which has languished for too long). The 2nd could be considered a last recourse option if all others have failed.
    So what’s your take on Trump’s position and actions regarding it?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Regarding the 1st can you actually believe a sitting and former president in banned from Facebook and Twitter? A US president has actually been banned from using social media. Would you consider Twitter and Facebook conservative leaning businesses? Scientists that don't agree with Fauci are silenced. Scientist that don't agree with man cause global warming are silenced. Are the people doing the silencing on the liberal left or the conservative right? Is the cancel culture and the PC culture more of a left leaning movement or a right wing movement? And on and on. My whole point is it is the left and a president like Biden that is suppressing the 1st amendment not the right. You have totally lost me trying to compare Trump and Biden as both waiting to suppress our 1st amendment rights.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Do understand what the first amendment is? It is to prevent GOVERNMENT suppression of speech. Facebook et Al are PRIVATE companies not inhibited by the first amendment.
    Trump did try to suppress speech using his presidential position many times. Fortunately for all of us he failed though the threat hangs over us. BTW Biden is doing the same thing and it’s just as wrong. This my point that the current political situation is destroying our constitution and society.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

5. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

So it's OK for me to yell FIRE in a crowded theater?

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Are you serious?? That’s not even worthy of a grade school response. Come back when you’ve had civics in high school.
    If you’re serious then educate yourself. Read the Federalist Papers, the Anti Federalist papers (yes there were both), research the Marshall court opinions and Edmund Burke. Those will provide insight into the basis of how the country was established.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  7. BornOnTheBayou

But yet you responded. More proof that you didn't advance past the eighth grade.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Go back and read it again if you can. I double dog dare you

9. BornOnTheBayou

I was jerking your chain which you obviously couldn't detect. You fell for the bait hook. line, and sinker to no one's surprise.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well whoop de do. What did that do for you?