Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

It's spiking everywhere. Even in states with mask mandates. And you know what else? 99.5% of them will survive.

Here's some comparable numbers regarding the flu.

Between October 1, 2019 and April 4, 2020, the flu resulted in:
    • 39 to 56 million illnesses
    • 410,000 to 740,000 hospitalizations
    • 24,000 to 62,000 deaths
    • 194 pediatric deaths
    https://www.rochesterregional.org/n...n October 1, 2019 and,24,000 to 62,000 deaths

No. If Biden wins, it's not indicative of me having my head in the sand. It's more indicative of how shortsighted the people who voted for him are.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

you beat me to it...

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what i said was true. perhaps you are confused by the fact that i didnt mean its true in every case. it shouldnt be hard to understand that.

perhaps you cannot understand a phenomenon where multiple factors could be at play. there are many reasons people can vote or not vote. maybe really concentrating on that idea can help you understand. remember: multiple factors and complex interaction, feedback loops, inputs and outputs, human emotions, chaotic factors. its hard to predict. but that doesnt mean we cannot identify some factors involved without imagining they are the only possible factor.

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

of course it was just a hope

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Not. Its gotta be that way to keep the conspiracy alive.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

so I'm confused...I thought Trump said we were rounding the corner on the virus. In fact, last night Don Jr. said that Covid deaths were "almost nothing." Is it spiking everywhere like you claim or is it practically all gone like Don and Don Jr. claim?

I do not refute your numbers here but I would point out that we've had 10 times as many deaths from Covid-19 in the past 6 months as we did for the entire flu season....and we aren't done yet. Trump knew that Covid-19 was far more contagious than the flu...he told Bob Woodward so and it's on audio recording. I can provide it if you like but you can probably just google it and see for yourself. My point is that there is no comparison between the two so I don't know why you are making this point.

Well that's an easy answer to cue up. I am sure Obama voters said the same about Trump voters in 2016...in fact, I'd wager that this sentence is uttered after every election by the ones who came out on the losing end. Shortsightedness is hardly ever the problem of those who are progressive thinking....it's more a symptom of those who are always pining for the way things used to be.

9. Tiger in NC

Mysteriously the evidence is always coming next or lost in the mail...stay tuned....waiting on the "boom"

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Always 2 ways to look at it

Tiger in NC likes this.