Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

All 30 of them at one rally where Bon Jovi played. You would think more people would show up just to see them. Nobody is enthusiastic about Biden being president. Not even the more radical lefists. A lot of moderates don't like Trump. People don't show up in mass numbers just because they don't like somebody. Some will but not a lot of people who wouldn't vote anyway.

People do show up in mass numbers because of fear. Fear of losing their jobs in the oil industry and it's support businesses. People are fearful of losing their right to free speech and to bear arms People are afraid of Kamala Harris taking over when the cogintively challenged Biden slips into total dementia or dies. Face it. She is scary. People are afraid of violence in the streets when the police are defunded.

You should be afraid. How is anybody going to buy new furniture when they don't have a job.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i worked for heilig meyers furniture during the holidays several years ago and we used to go to low income areas to sell mattresses as a way for them to open an account. basically sold credit using mattresses. If they balked at a mattress, then we sold them a watch.... on credit, of course...

Tiger in NC likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You are probably right NC but I’ve seen a strong rise in enthusiasm among his base. Remember barely 53% of eligible voters cast ballots in ‘16. It could be another turnout election. While the democrats are motivated I’ve come to think there’s a large element of normally less interested citizens who are turned off by what the media is doing and ready to give them and the liberal democrats the finger. Yes it’s anecdotal and against the data but the feeling is growing stronger.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not semantics, its either russian disinformation or it isnt

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You touched on a lot of the current talking points here but rather than take them point by point I'll just tell you that I do not share your fears. More so, your fears are based upon campaign talking points that are meant to make you afraid. It's their best tool for getting you to the polls. But let me ask you this...why are they appealing to your fears instead of your aspirations? Why isn't the Trump campaign bragging about what they've done over the past four years instead of telling you "be afraid!" When asked, Trump cannot articulate his health care plan that he's been promising for the past four years. Trump's own Chief of Staff went on a Sunday talk show to tell the American people that they have no plan to combat the virus. They are appealing to your fears because they cannot brag about either of these and they are the things that matter most to Americans right now.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

he does maybe an hour per day bragging in public about what they have done

7. Tiger in NC

I don't doubt the enthusiasm of Trump's base. Their enthusiasm is obvious and sometimes cultish in their adoration of Dear Orange Leader. I doubt their numbers. I don't think there are enough of them to make up an majority of the electorate and the polling doesn't reflect it either. The people who want to throw the middle finger to the media have had that bird in the air for the past four years. The people who want to throw the middle finger outnumber them....plain and simple. Hillary Clinton is not running in 2020 so Trump does not have the luxury of running against the worst candidate in Presidential election history....nor does he have her baggage or general disdain from the public. I don't think this is going to be close.

8. Tiger in NC

poorly

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now I know you don't pay attention. Trump does plenty of bragging. As far as there being plenty to fear it's no lie. There is a long list of things to fear. Wait until a mob of thugs loots your store and the police stand by and watch. And for people working in any kind of energy industry there is fear enough for all of them. Or is Kamala going to buy them all Teslas and tell them to be Uber drivers and deliver pizzas?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Obama out trying to drag Joe across the finish line. What a sight to see.

Nacy has the 25th just waiting for him.

Wont be needed. Trump all the way.