Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

imagine that.....
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/202...tor-says-postal-service-lost-mail-in-ballots/
    Butler County Elections Director Says Postal Service Lost Unknown Number Of Mail-In Ballots

BUTLER COUNTY, Pa. (KDKA) — The Butler County Bureau of Elections director says an unknown number of mail-in ballots were lost by the postal service.

“At first we thought that maybe it just was a delay in the postal system,” Leslie Osche, chair of the Butler County commissioners, told KDKA. “And that could still be the case. But nonetheless, when we realized that, we changed our strategy and now have begun to tell folks that if they haven’t received a ballot, they still have multiple options.”

Many people who applied for ballots have told KDKA that they have not arrived. Federal postal investigators are now looking into what happened.

In the meantime, the Butler County Bureau of Elections director is urging those voters to go to the Bureau of Elections or fill out a provisional ballot at their polling place on Election Day

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

NC. Put the straw man away. It isn’t Halloween yet.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

China Joe had about 30 people show up at his rally. Most of them were there to hear Bon Jovi

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You mean CNN, the New York Times or the Washington Post? You really can't be so naive as to believe that anything they report is "news." They have even dropped the pretence that anything they say is actually journalism

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Y’all should stop wasting your time. He Only sees one side. Zero reasoning to see the other side of things.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Good Question. I'll be the first to admit that the drive up rallies are awkward but Biden and Obama are doing it more so for the cameras than for those who are in attendance. If you think about it, not doing them would be to surrender a ton of free tv time to Trump and would be political malfeasance. They are also an indication of the times we live in.

I could go into my personal feelings about Trump's mishandling of the virus and name them one by one but the overarching theme is that he doesn't believe in science and he has fostered an opinion that his word is to be trusted over that of the doctors. Jared Kuschner is on audio recording saying so...even bragging that it was good politics for him to "take the country back from the doctors..." More than anything else, his refusal to allow the scientists to be candid and to follow their advice has cost us precious time and lives. I am worried that this fall and winter will be dark days for us. The doctors have been telling us it would be this way for months. Keep that in mind because this fall and winter we are going to get a first hand lesson in what a non-belief in science looks like.

7. Tiger in NC

Because it was bull shit. You said so yourself...

your faux outrage is laughable. you want the media to help Trump spread his lies and they aren't playing along. all the while you pretend like semantics are the real problem. it's just a flawed logic and a very poor angle to take in a debate.

8. Tiger in NC

I don't think anyone disagrees with this opinion but he omits one important aspect of that: IF everyone wears a mask. Until we have a vaccine, masks are the best things we have to keep us safe. So I agree with your premise hear as long as you include that caveat....we all wear a mask in public. It's really that simple. Shutdowns will happen but not because the government says so...it will be because an area becomes a hot spot and locally make such a decision to do so.

I disagree that it is a scam. It's not. It is however a tragedy that it is killing so many people, whether they are vulnerable or not. Ask yourself if you'd like an extra year with your elderly parent who has cancer. I would. Time is the most valuable commodity in the universe because we are always running out of it. Take time away from people and you've robbed them of the richest thing they possess.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

there is little enthusiasm for joe on the trail, and little enthusiasm for joe's handlers to put him out on the trail.... this is the result.

10. Tiger in NC

It would appear outwardly that you have a good argument here because as of today I cannot give you any proof otherwise. That said, we also don't know everything yet and we won't until the Biden administration is able to fully investigate it without the constraints of a President obstructing justice, or firing Inspector Generals, or invoking Executive privilege over every potential witness.