Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Ok....I'll take that as you cannot provide me with these questions that you speak of as if they were the gospel truth.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

A: I already have.
    B: I asked you to acknowledge the problem so we can actually have a discussion.

You just let me know when you are ready and acknowledge 2016 inaccurately represented the Trump voter.

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

that’s the conundrum.... call it a conspiracy theory because the nyt, wapo, cnn say so? are you contending that polls do not consistently over sample democrats? it’s not tinfoil, nc nor is it Russian disinformation. It’s a concerted effort to elect Biden at any cost.
    btw....what’s your favorite ice cream?

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nope. when you redefine "hacked the election" to mean people saying words, then everything is hacking the election. again, the russians put ads on facebook, they didnt steal your vote.

again, we have a network called VOA which exists purely to influence other countries, to influence their elections. the left is is using your lack of sophistication about this against you. this is all normal and expected.

suppression is used all the time by both parties. in college we had a speaker come talk to us, a political campaign advisor, he said suppression is used by everyone, all the time. this again is just the left using your lack of sophistication against you. negative campaigning in general is a suppression tactic, not meant to encourage voters but to keep them at home.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The CDC can't even make up it's own mind. First it says 80+% of people that got it wore masks either all or most of the time. Then it says masks are to protect the wearer, then it's director says something different. How can you believe information that's so contradictory?

And yet 99.5% of them don't get sick.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

outdoor gatherings are extremely low risk

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Tiger in NC

Stop lying about there being a problem. Pew research has been very clear on what happened in 2016: Trump overperformed among non college-educated white people in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan...which should not be surprising given all three states are heavy with factory typed jobs. Other than that the polls were dead on. Kudos for Trump for overperforming in those three states among that demographic; he was obviously able to turn them out at a rate that has never been achieved before...hence the miss among pollsters there.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

NC, you never answered my question, would you encourage nazis to vote, even if you knew the bad outcomes and the destruction it would cause, because you mindlessly want everyone to vote because some clown told you its good to encourage people to vote?

you dont give a fuck about people and outcomes as long as the sacred high rate of turnout is accomplished?

again, high turnout is something children are told is good. we should be sophsiticated enough to see that good governance is the actual goal.

9. Tiger in NC

I am most definitely contending that polls are not oversampling democrats and I have the evidence to prove it.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...he-2016-electorate-based-on-validated-voters/
    The demographics, by party, for the 2016 election were 31% Republican, 35% Democrat and 34% Independents. This is by party affiliation, not necessarily who they voted for. Trump won Independents by 5-7% in 2016 and he garnished a higher percentage of the Democratic vote than Clinton did of the Republican vote.
    So I started digging into these recent polls to see what their demographic make-up look like and surprisingly they seem to be about the same given there have been some demographic changes since then but nothing significant. The IBD/TIPP tracking poll weights their polls as 37% Democrats, 33% Republicans and 30% Independents. IBD/TIPP obviously believes there are fewer independent voters now than in 2016. The NYT/Sienna polls weight theirs as 36% Democrats, 32% Republicans and 32% Independents, also slanting toward fewer independents. I'm just not seeing this oversampling of democrats that you are talking about.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't see Trump peddling his influence to enemies of America like the Biden clan. (I can already predict your response, if you respond at all).

Bengal B likes this.