Election 2020

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

The last Trafalgar polls for North Carolina and Wisconsin that i could find has Trump winning. And in the article he says Trump takes NC. Got a link?

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Your just being absurd. Do you believe in democracy or not? Answer my question.

Am I? I think it is your opinion that I am being dishonest because you believe what the con man has told you. However, you failed to answer my question about what we've gained vs. what North Korea has gained and that tells me that you do not want to answer that question because you know the answer.

You tend not to believe the truth.

It's not my job to.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Latest Trafalgar Polls:
    Arizona (10-9-20) Trump +4
    Florida (10-14-20) Trump +2
    Georgia has had no Trafalgar polls. On average Biden leads there by 1.5% in all other polling.
    Iowa has had no Trafalgar polls. On average Biden leads there by 1% in all other polling.
    Michigan (10-16-20) Trump +1
    Minnesota (8-20-20) Tied. On average Biden leads there by 7% in all other polling. This poll was also from 2 months ago.
    Nevada has had no Trafalgar polls. On average Biden leads there by 6% in all other polling.
    North Carolina (9-14-20) Trump +2. This poll was from a month ago or more.
    Ohio (10-5-20) Trump +4
    Pennsylvania (10-13-20) Biden +2
    Texas (8-7-20) Trump +6. This poll was from over two months ago.
    Wisconsin (10-15-20) Biden +2

Given this information it would actually be 286-252. But my point in saying all of this is this: Trafalgar is an outlier. In fact, it is the most Republican friendly poll that is out there. If the election is even this close and this is the far right outlying poll, I'd be worried if I were a Republican. Including Trafalgar with the plethora of other polls that are out there gives you this, in contrast:
    Arizona - Biden +3.8
    Florida - Biden +2
    Georgia - Biden +1.4
    Iowa - Biden +0.8
    Michigan - Biden +7.0
    Minnesota - Biden +7.0
    Nevada - Biden +6.0
    North Carolina - Biden +3.0
    Ohio - Trump +1.4
    Pennsylvania - Biden +4.0
    Texas - Trump +3.6
    Wisconsin - Biden +6.4
    These averages include the Trafalgar polls in the averaging and you can see all of the polls and their methodology at 270towin.com.

Lastly, I realize this is antecdotal but have you seen the lines for early voting? I just don't believe people will vote in the numbers we've seen and willing to stand in line for 5, 6 or 7 hours because they are happy with the way things are going.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

ask more politely.

yes. about many things. for example your claim that trump said the virus was a hoax. this is not true and you say it anyway. its also a lie that trump "hid the seriousness" of the virus. the extent of how serious it was was available and not supressed at all.

a democracy is a system where we have the option to vote. it works best when the people who are best at voting vote and bad voters do not.

every sophisticated politician knows there are times when the goal is to suppress the vote. the goal is good governance, not pure mob rule.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Polls aren’t the outliers. It’s Trump who is the outlier. This is why you can’t see straight. The polls, most of them, don’t ask the right questions and don’t poll the right people. Which is why they were so wrong in 2016.

They didn’t change.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

You're mixing Trafalgar with legacy polls to get 286-252. Trafalgar easily gives Trump Georgia and Iowa (in the article). Anyway, he predicts 270-280 Trump win.

And who knows what may happen in the next 2 weeks.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's a valid question. Knowing how you feel I would encourage you to go fishing on election day or just stay home. Nobody who feels differently from me should vote.

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Have you considered that they may be standing in line for 6 or 7 hours because they fear what will happen when Joe Biden dies if he gets elected?

fanatic and LSUpride123 like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

anyone who believes they are right about their votes should discourage others from voting unless they agree.

this idea that we should encourage everyone to vote is childish feelgood nonsense. and it not anti-democracy to hope and want the best outcomes from elections, and those outcomes happen when idiots dont vote.

if a person votes for candidate X because they think that candidate gives them the most free shit, or favors any other bad policy, its insane to encourage that person to vote.

to want everyone to vote indicates a lack of sophistication about how the system works and what are the goals

right now, every candidate with a skilled advisor, would actively discourage turnout if they thought it would make them win. voter supression is a smart tactic used by every competent campaign advisor.

biden right now is running negative trump ads hoping it discourages possible trump people from voting at all.