Drew Brees Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Love you Drew. Thanks for all the memories. You set the bar here. All Saints QBs from here on will be compared to you. You did it with grace and determination. A true example of a great leader.

Winston1, Bengal B and kcal like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No words for how great he is.

Winston1 and Bengal B like this.
  4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Wish we could've gotten one more Super Bowl, but that just shows how greedy success makes people. Before Drew, no Saints fan alive thought we'd ever win one.

I'm one of the lucky few who can say I've seen my favorite college football team have an undefeated season and win 3 nattys and my favorite pro team win a Super Bowl.

kcal, Winston1, mctiger and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ditto

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

With respect to the 2009 team, the best team in Saints history was the 2011 team. Of all the heartbreaks endured as a life long Saints fan, that one was the worst because we cudda/shudda/wudda won it all that year. Adding insult to injury was losing to SF, who was the bane of our existence in the old NFC West days.

7. mctiger

Bobby Hebert agrees with you, and also likes the 2018 team. I lean to the 2017 team. Compared to the 2011 group, maybe not the depth of that team, but you had a young Mike Thomas and rookie Kamara, and no one knew what to do with those guys. '17 defense I think was a little more reliable than '11, but what I really loved about that team was the swagger. Ingram and Kamara just jelled after they let Peterson go, and the defense started the turnover celebration that the whole league has copied. Hebert talked (he was on Sirius XM-NFL this morning) about both the '11 and '18 teams as should've won Super Bowls, and I agree in '11, but I think the '17 team would have won as well. The '18 team stumbled into the playoffs offensively and I don't know if they could have beaten NE that year.

8. mctiger

Dan Orlovsky just suggested if we can't sign Winston, dangle the 2nd round pick (number 60) in front of the Jets for Darnold. If they don't bite, combine the 1 and 2 and try to move up for a shot at Mac Jones.

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Bengal B likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Disagree. He wanted to win a championship. That’s why he caved. Bc all pro sports teams are full of BLM propaganda pushers. He bit the bullet to keep our team unity going for his last year. I seriously doubt it’s about the money. It’s about his legacy and wanting to stay a beloved figure. Vanity gets almost everyone.

fanatic and Bengal B like this.