Don't want to get people overly excited, but there are a lot of rumblings...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Jan 7, 2005.

1. philter

philter Founding Member

coming out on other forums that point to John Brady either has been fired or will be fired in the next 48 hours. This has been posted by at least 5 different posters, each claiming to have heard it from a different source - and 2 having said it came from multiple sources. The word is he had another meltdown and the higher ups are fed up with it.

To me it seems odd they'd fire a guy right before or after the first SEC game, but who knows. If he loses against Bama then nothing would shock me...but either way, win or lose, I think we need a change there. I'll consolidate the posts and paste them here.

2. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

That sure would be nice, but I'd rather wait and hear it officially, and just wondering, but who would probably take over? Butch Pierre?

3. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

Gary Crowton and Dave Campo joining football staff, plus John Brady being fired. Talk about Christmas all over again...well, maybe not this year's Christmas.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Here are the posts I was referring to, I didn't do an exhaustive search, but these are the main ones I found. Supposedly the rumor is on the lair board too, but I'm not registered there.

Poster 1:

Poster 2:
    Poster 3:
    Poster 4:
    Poster 5:
    Poster 6:

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

WOW! Maybe, just maybe, LSU basketball can now live up to its potential some time soon.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

IF this goes down, who would you guys like to see as coach? I haven't even been looking for replacements with all the football stuff going on and I had a notion Brady would be given this whole year to fai..succeed.

Right off the bat though I'd give Lavin some serious thought. I remember when he was with UCLA and I recall him being very successful with them. Did he get into ncaa trouble?? ..or why was he fired?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cuz his teams often laid eggs against the likes of Cal Poly Slo or Cal santa Barbara. Not accepted after the Wizard of Westwood.

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

How about Mike Jarvis.....or Geoge Karl....big names but I dunno what the chances are.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It'll most likely be somebody like Les Miles... head coach at a smaller school that doesn't stand the same chance of success as LSU - maybe an assistant but I think Skip likes people with head coaching experience. I doubt its somebody that anyone has ever really heard of or knows a lot about. I just look at it like this, they've gotta have more upside than Brady right?

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I think a guy with the energy of Les Miles would be a great basketball coach... :thumb: Let 'er Rip