DL Darrington Sentimore (WHO KNOWS)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by bhelmLSU, May 29, 2008.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Could not find a thread for him so I think one is needed.

To me it looks like he is all LSU if we offer and I think we will offer once we feel good about his grade situation.

Sentimore said he is making great progress and will visit for some games in the fall. LSU is on him and have been to his practices and call to check on his grades.

Even if Davenport and McFarland commit, I still think the coaches will think he is too good to pass up and a take in this class.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Re: Darrington Sentimore

Did you find it odd that his quote about grades was making sure he's eligible to play for next year?

His grades are apparently pretty bad because it doesn't take much to be eligible for HS ball & those standards are nowhere near qualifying for LSU. He'll need a very strong year in the classroom...

3. bhelmLSU

Now that you mentioned it, it does sound odd.

Do not think he will be offered if at all until closer to NSD for this reason.

If it looks like he will not qualify, what do you see him doing? Will he be forced to consider a sign and place with LSU, grey shirt, or make his way to the likes of a Southern Miss school?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think he'll end up signing with another school (possibly Bama), and then if he doesn't qualify - JUCO.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux::crystal::helmet: Unfortunately, he looks like one of those who woke up at the last minute and realized he needed to study and pass his classes. You'd think these kids would wake up and realize they can't qualify to play at a big time college if they don't pass HS!!! Also, where are their coaches? Guess quite a few aren't concerned about the academic status of their players.

Question for Parso: How can he qualify/sign with Bama if he doesn't qualify at LSU? Do they (Bama) have lower standards or will they sign and place? Is it pretty certain that LSU won't try to sign and place him? In any case, I think we'll be in good shape without him, look at the possibilities of Davenport and McFarland. :geauxtige:champs::LSU231:

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

In Miles second class ('06), we had several sign & place guys. It didn't really work out.

We seem to have moved away from that, and with the limited scholarships in this class we're being very picky. Sentimore may very well get an offer (he's got the talent too), but only if he shows tremendous improvement in the classroom & has a real good shot at qualifying.

Bama & LSU's standards are pretty similar, if not the exact same, for athletes.

7. bhelmLSU

After the camp, Sentimore said he is all LSU and can't wait for the day he is a Tiger.

He impressed the coaches and expects to get an offer during his senior season.

He is taking summer classes to get eligible for the Fall.

8. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

Great news! :cool:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Scout rep covering Texas has stated he thinks Sentimore is better than McFarland. Much more physical. He has seen both up close and in person.

So how about Brockers and Sentimore at DE and McFarland and Davenport at DT in the coming years?

Sentimore has the ability to play DE.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

McFarland is obviously talented, but I don't see a 5 star in his videos.