Democracy….

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, May 16, 2023.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Seems odd our resident advocates for democracy are silent on the news that the entire Russia investigation was a political hoax made possible by our weaponized government.

Maybe they are too busy figuring out how many times Trump cheated on his wife.

kcal and shane0911 like this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Careful Rex and Rockhead will call you and Durham liars. You lie, I lie we all lie except them.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

But they said for years that trump is a Russian plant. This can’t be true.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

used to be the govt and the press and the political parties were different entities. now the media and govt and hillary clinton/DNC are one group that worked together to invent a russia lie.

i think they all feared being called racist for not doing everything they can to beat trump

shane0911 likes this.
  5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

The FBI, Clintons, democrats, and media pandering of the narrative that Trumps colluded with Russia and Russian interference in the 2016 election has been the zeitgeist of the past 8 years. This cannot be easily undone. It deeply divided a nation. False claims of collusion fought with false claims of widespread election fraud. It got a senile old man elected president. It sparked an equal but opposite reaction to the untrue narrative. Many people got so upset and reacted in such a way that they are now in jail. It caused so much anger and hate. It probably can't be undone.

Trumps would have been reelected if not for this collusion claim. He will be reelected now that the truth has come out. So much for my man DeSantis or anyone else who might oppose Trumps. Don't expect Rex and Rockwall to say "sorry, my bad". They have parroted the narrative for so long it is a part of them. Coming to terms with a belief so deeply held when new evidence is presented can take a very long time and in many cases, therapy. It is much easier to ignore the pain of this dissonance and move on to the next thing that is gonna get Trumps. It is like Wile E Coyote when he realizes he is no longer standing on solid ground.

fanatic and shane0911 like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

well said and i agree with all of this. i think trump was so furious (justifiably) about the russian nonsense it drove him to refuse to accept the election. i think he lost, but i am not 100% sure, as there was some vote harvesting i dont like. unfortunately i cannot trust the media to to a fair analysis of this as they see anything that doesnt destroy trump as deeply racist.

false accusations are the most infuriating thing in the world. and trump has nothing, NOTHING to do with russia.

i still remember when i first heard of the russia stuff. at the time i said "what is this based on, where is it from? and the answer was always "thats what we will find out!". but i meant what was the starting point!? and there never was one. just hillary planting stories in with her friends in govt.

its a good argument for an outsider candidate. somebody who cant pull strings in govt to crush competition.

fanatic likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Like a coup?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yet a few of us were on to it from the start. Didn't have to be a genius to see it, just had to not be a fool.

Speaking of fools, where is @Winston1 ?

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Saw a clip of Gutfeld making the point that the left was so foamed up that they did ALL that they did with respect to the Russia lies, do you really think that they did not go to the point of rigging the elections? They were convinced that Trump was the Hitler of our times and would destroy America. They would stop at nothing. And all they have done since Trump won the nomination the first time is to try to rig the elections. Russia collusion for 2016. The Muller investigation / impeachment for 2018 mid terms. Impeachment/Hunter laptop/Covid for 2020. Delaying this previous report until after the election for 2022. And those are just a few of the ways they tried to lie and cheat their way to power.

Do you really doubt that the thin margins of victory of the Dems in recent elections was an accident?

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

It wasn't a political hoax, of course. John Durham is a Republican hack who owes this country an apology and a giant refund after FOUR YEARS OF FINDING NOTHING.

OF COURSE he had to report that the Russia investigation was unwarranted.... that was prearranged by himself and Bill Barr, and in the end he had to justify FOUR YEARS OF DRAWING PAY while FINDING NOTHING.

Four years and a single indictment on a very minor issue... to which a jury responded this is a bunch of bullshit and quickly acquitted.

The Mueller investigation, on the other hand: THIRTY FOUR INDICTMENTS. Most of those charges still pending, but at least seven prison sentences and five guilty pleas.

And then let's review what John Durham couldn't disprove:

- that the trump family and campaign held at least one meeting with the Russians inside trump tower.
    - that trump's campaign manager shared election polling data with the Russians.
    - that trump invited the Russians to spy on the Clinton campaign and then release Clinton campaign information, which they promptly did.
    - that a REPUBLICAN began the Mueller investigation partly because trump had fired James Comey out of fear that Comey was investigating trump campaign ties to Russia.

Given all the evidence of Russian involvement with the trump campaign and its attacks against Hillary on trump's behalf it would have been a dereliction of duty for the FBI to not investigate. And now the FBI is saying exactly what I'm saying: that Durham is full of shit and should never have been engaged.

Even Durham didn't declare that the government was "weaponized". At worst he said that there were mistakes in judgement. So, of course you're lying.

Hard to say how many times trump has cheated on his wives, but we can know for certain how many wives he's cheated on. All of them. Three. A simple counting exercise.