Daughter's first deer

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Nov 17, 2020.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

After big bro got his first deer last year my little girl has been pressing to try to get her this year. First weekend of youth season I took big bro and we saw what looked like a 7 point but it was spooked and only stopped once behind a big white oak so never got a shot. He had some stuff going on 2nd weekend so it was the girl's turn. About 4:30 sat evening a fat doe came by at 25 yards but was in a thicker area so she had to wait on a shot. Finally the deer got in a really small opening I told her if you can she her shoulder and feel good go ahead and shoot. She did great and smoked her dropped right there. That little .44 mag with hydrashocks absolutely crushes a deer. Excited does not begin to describe either of us. Crazy how exciting you can get over a doe ha.

Attached Files:

fanatic likes this.
  2. jvalhenson

and just got word a cousin shot a doe with his bow at 4:30 yesterday. My brother is off today so he got my dog and put on it just now at 11. found it 200 yards away in a nasty thicket in 3 minutes even after multiple people and 3 other dogs tromped all in there last night looking for it. Going to put him on another doe another buddy shot this morning now. making me very unhappy sitting at work waiting on the updates.

KyleK likes this.
  3. jvalhenson

Dog is 2 for 2 for the day. Got a couple shorts vids will try to post later.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would think the kick off a 44 mag would knock a little girl down

5. jvalhenson

nah 44 mag in a rifle doesnt kick at all. Its a load in a pistol but in the weight of a rifle its nothing. They shoot a marlin lever action.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was thinking of the times I have shot a 44 mag revolver

7. jvalhenson

couple short vids of my Catahoula on those 2 does.

8. jvalhenson

vid quality is terrible. no clue why it does that it is clear as a bell on the phone

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

looked good to me. That dog is all about those deer!

Man, you are raising those kids right. That little gal is some kind of proud and excited.

10. jvalhenson

well nothing good to report on Thanksgiving week hunting. Plenty deer seen but nothing I wanted to shoot on the half I hunted solo and the half I took my boy we couldnt make it happen. Some close calls and saw plenty but just didnt work out to get to shoot one. Right at the end seemed some bucks started to move and a few good ones were killed by some friends but nothing for us. Did get get to put my dog on a couple tracks and he found them both quickly one for a friend and one for my nephew's doe.

KyleK likes this.