CWS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 3-LSU v TEXAS-6pm,ESPN,Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Jun 24, 2009.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Well that sucked. Texas jumped up early and we never relaxed enough to wait for the good pitches. So many potentially good innings were wasted by swinging at high cheese or golf balls. I hope we can get over this tonight.

The good news is that Ranaudo is much better than their starter, but both teams will be grasping at straws in the pens tonight.

If you have anything lucky to wear, i suggest you put it on. We have some seriously bad juju to clean off before tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Who gets the nod for Texas? I imagine the talent level has to drop off compared to their first two starters...... right?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Let's take this baby home!

4. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Winner take all, may the best Tiger win! Mow em down Ranaudeaux!

:geaux:

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Sophomore right-hander Cole Green (5-3, 5.07 ERA)

and it only goes down from there.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nothing but respect for Jungman. He was dominant. But (not to take anything away from this performance), I did think he was getting some strike calls that our pitchers were not getting, particularly when he worked around the knees.

Our batters really looked lost up there. I'm particularly disappointed with Schimpf and Dean. Other than RS's solo homer Monday, they've contributed nothing to our offense in 2 outings, and that hole in production is looming huge.

Landry's great catch notwithstanding, the lineup move not only didn't pay off, it backfired IMO. I don't believe Ochinko makes the mental error Schimpf made on the pickoff miscue in the first inning, and that was a significant play in helping Texas get the early momentum and getting to Ross quickly. That's not an excuse for Ross, though, he clearly had nothing for the Cattle hitters.

Not only do we have Ranaudo, we have Bertuccini, Jones, Haydel, I would think Ott for at least an inning, and maybe even Coleman for a situational move (2, 3 batters at the most). The Cattle should probably have Workman and Wood, at least. But I'm not worried about our pitching tonight. I'm concerned about our hitting.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUGradin99

What exactly did Schimpf do wrong over that plate? the ball was thrown several feet high and over his head at first base. That one was all on Gibbs.

8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I don't have the benefit of TIVO, but he didn't get back to the bag. Had he been where he was supposed to be, is it catchable then?

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That was the problem. No, the throw wasn't perfect, but it was certainly catchable had Schimpf been where he was supposed to be.

10. LSUGradin99

Watch the replay. Trust me, it was not a throw that anyone was going to be able to catch.