Crypto

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sounds interesting as hell. I'm going to check it out. Thanks

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I've been dabbling for years. I buy from Gemini and Kraken - kind of like banks for Crypto. Transfer from there to Bitcoin wallets - had many, mostly use the one from Bitcoin.com as i really like Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin stayed with small blocks, their fees are way too high. Bitcoin Cash is a big blocker, super low fees. (Transfer a million to Timbuktu for a fraction of a cent)
    Great for remittance payments, transferring money around the world, buying weed online, etc...I've pushed more regular businesses to accept it but it's slow going in the US. You can use BITPAY to spend it with a 'Visa' card in the meantime, but it's kind of defeating the purpose.

Venezualans use it to hide their wealth before they try to escape. Lots of other use cases...Libertarians like me love it.

It's a huge subject. I would ask why you are following Cardano and VeChain?

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Would it be though? I thought the allure to bitcoin was that it was unregulated and this would surely pave the way for regulation?

I wish I could use it for the washing machine because the shortage of quarters is killing my laundry efforts.

XXL TideFan likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Break down and buy a washing machine and dryer.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well VeChain I like based on the logistics tracking. Also then working with Amazon is a big ass deal I think.

Cardano caught my eye on an article I read that it could process transactions 1 million times per second. Factors faster than VISA and was based and started on peer-reviewed research. Also, to me, its basically doing what Etherium is trying to do and looks like it might do it better... Oh and staking is releasing.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Some regulation is good. Unlike the dollar, you cant just print Bitcoin. Even with regulation, that alone is a big difference. Fed can't manipulate it. Neither can China.

Further, its regulation for platforms. Not the "coins".

fanatic likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

But where can you use it to buy a bag of groceries, a shirt or a car?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lots of places but it moves too much to do that IMO. I sold some today and it was instant. My balance was instantly converted to USD. For example, you can use Bitcoin for Amazon purchases. Again, would not be the smartest thing to do considering most think BTC will keep going up in value.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@LSUpride123 can you recommend a good website for someone who has no clue what any of this is about but would like to learn?