Coaching Is Only Part Of The Problem

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 8, 2022.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Besides our qb situation is not of SEC caliber i havnt seen our team be this poorly prepared since Les Miles was here.

Despite the dumpster fire Orgeron left you expect a Brian Kelly team to be prepared to play.

It was clear we were ourcoached in every phase of the game.

Why would you have a TE returning Kicks. Why would you not put a bad qb in a position behind an inept OLine to roll out and instruct him to get rid of the GD ball instead of take sack after sack after sack.

Some offensive co-ordinators react to issues but we decided to have our qb hold the ball over and over.

I dont remember seeing 1 screen pass to counteract their pass rush.

Bryan Kelly needs to take a more active role with his piss poor offensive gameplans.

You heard him admit at half that his team was getting outcoached.

northernvatiger and APPTiger like this.
  2. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

So Ed Orgeron teams were always prepared to play every single game? Hmmm.....

I still remember sitting through that 2004 Georgia game watching a Saban lead LSU team get their asses whipped.

Perple, shane0911 and StaceyO like this.
  3. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Do you have a secret recipe for making chicken salad out of chicken shit? Did you expect CBK to turn the mess he inherited from O around overnight? Prepare yourself. Fasten your seat belt and stock up on your favorite beverages. It's going to be a long, long season.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
    dachsie, TigerSnarl, StaceyO and 2 others like this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this team is extremely thin in places…
    when cbk says they have to coach better he is inferring that the talent/depth presently at lsu is not what it will be…
    the reality is that there are lots of pieces, but year one with the patchwork roster put together is starting to show… our rational selves knew this….
    cbk seriously needs to let frank be recruiting coordinator and get Greg McMahon on the phone…

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

In general I am pleased with the coaching but tonight the coaching decisions were sub par. Coaching up players is different than coaching decisions. There were at least 5 game decisions that were head scratching.

6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

In general, my frustration is the the lack of coaching to win. I feel like the coaching that we have seen has been timid. If the QB does not put the ball down the field, tell him to put the damn ball down the field. You see Coach Kelly get frustrated that Daniels didn’t put the ball down the field after the fact. Tell him to throw the damn ball. The second part. We are going to lose. Therefore, give somebody else a chance… i.e. Nuss. At least, give him some game time experience.. Why the hell not? I stopped watching the game just before halftime. I just could not take it anymore. Why are there no chances at all being taken. None at all. Too damn conservative.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

A new coach needs a couple of years to get established, know his players and recruit. BK was dealt a bad hand I understand that. I will give him all of that. What I won't give BK is those bonehead decisions made tonight. I heard some here call our offense milesball. Miles would not have went on offense after winning the toss. Miles would have jammed the ball down Tennessee's throat twice on 3rd and 1 on Tennessee's 45 yd line. Miles would have kicked a field goal on Tennessee's 15 on 4th down and on and on.

Wish Miles was coaching tonight

Perple likes this.
  8. TBTrumpet

Multiple 4th down tries, one of which was 4th and 10. Not taking chances? What game were you watching?

StaceyO and TCUTiger like this.
  9. TBTrumpet

2005 - 2007 Miles, yes. 2008 and beyond, give me Kelly every time.

Herb, TCUTiger and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#milesball

TBTrumpet likes this.