Climate Change

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Of course thermometers lie. And people reading thermometers and ice caps lie.
    Is cowkind elevating the temperature of Earth? With cow farts?

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Oh one last thing thought you said thermometers and ice caps don't lie? Guess you didn't have the intertinal fortitude to click the llinks I posted much like you couldn't ever try to answer my questions. Bye sonny boy I have no time to either inform you or change your diapers.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The sun.

Frogleg and shane0911 like this.
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The life span of humans just before the advent of fossil fuels in the late 1800's was 38 years. 100 years later and 100 years of massive increases of fossil fuel use the average life span in the late 1980's was 73.7 years. This from government records not me or the fossil fuel industry. BTW the earth is cooler now than during the Roman Epoch and the Medieval Warm Period.

EXTREME CAUTION!!!

This post was meant for people with more than just a brain stem others should avoid this post to avoid cerebral overload.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

If you factor in all the volume of conditioned air in buildings, cars, etc...its a wash. Everyone that voted for Biden turn your air conditioners around. Cool mother Earth and go native sauna - naked and unafraid.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Aaaahhh Rex?

giphy-9.gif

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

imagining thats true, there is no reason to think we wont just adapt to it. our geat great great grandkids will live better lives than we do. easier, more convenient, safer. they can handle a few inches of water rise and a few degrees of warmth

Winston1 likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

What we better worry about adapting to is another ice age we are overdue for one. This past February we got a little taste of how bad this could affect our daily lives.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

There's plenty of reason to think we won't adapt to it. 60% of the world's population lives on or near sea coasts. Just a few inches of sea level rise will mean the displacement of billions of people, not to mention the loss of millions of acres of farm land.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i dont think a few inches will displace billions, but even if it does, so what? over how many years? these people cant drive a car 40 miles over the course of 100 years?

like i said, when new york floods, move to philly. where is the problem?

also in the future we will have technology you canot imagine, i suspect including the ability to engineer infrastructure that withstands climate change.

as far as farmland, we lose some, and gain some. plants love heat. plus we are in no way struggling to feed everyone, we have plenty, and the population will stop growing as more countries modernize. sufficiently modern countries like japan and western europe have very low birth rates. the future is not population explosion, its the opposite.

the steps you propse that figth climate change hurt the economy, and thats fine for us rich white westerners, but not great for the global poor who need economic development more than anything.

plus, becaues china will emit any carbon we cut, and any reduction of consumption here is just more there, you wont be accomplishing anything, and cant really be sure you would even if you r plan worked. the only thing for sure is the economic destruction, which you dont care about, becuause you are one of the globally rich 1%

fossil fuels are basically a gift from god for developing countries. they cant and wont and shouldnt gve them up and we have no right to force them to

Frogleg and Winston1 like this.