CFB is buzzing about Kelly to LSU, so hopefully he can land some studs during early signing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Nov 30, 2021.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

It seems like everybody is talking about LSU's hiring of Kelly, so hopefully he can ride that wave of excitement and pull in some surprise 4/5 star players during the early signing period in a couple of weeks. I know the top DL in Louisiana just verbally committed to Georgia, but if he can bring Freeman with him, I think he might be able to convince that player and others to sign with LSU. With all the excitement surrounding the program, I can see LSU having a lot more success in two weeks than most of us expected. A couple of stud OL would be a nice start too!

Rex likes this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

We can hope.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

You gonna have collateral damage in recruiting with a coaching change. Unavoidable. That's why frequent coach changes are inevitable death knell for a program (Tennessee).
    Adding to the mix most pronounce here is the obvious change in culture. A kid enamored with O prob won't return a phone call from Kelly and vice versa.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

There’s only so many players in Louisiana, they better call him back.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I agree that we will lose some players simply because the connection won't be there, but I'm hoping most will want to be part of a new, exciting chapter in LSU history. Judging from Notre Dame's current recruiting class, I would think he will probably be able to pull a couple of players from there. Truthfully, I'm just excited to see him pull in some stud OL. I've been an LSU fan all my life and I can't remember when we have made it a priority and his record shows that landing great OL is a top priority. This early signing period should be exciting!

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This, I'm hoping, will be the key in BK's elevating the program to a consistent contender. Louisiana is a hotbed for high school football talent, but its concentrated in the skill positions. Producing big uglies is where LA comes up short, and Kelly's time at Notre Dame developing national recruiting contacts should upgrade our ability to pull in talented linemen.

65Grad and BornOnTheBayou like this.
  8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Exactly -today’s presser you could almost hear him speaking code ‘Holy crap this o line sucks’

9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Nick was the last one to have a good o line at LSU. Since then we have had a O line head coach and a D line head coach and both areas sucked. Looking forward to seeing that get fixed.