Carencro

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by conradj, Jan 22, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Does anyone know if the QB from Carencro will be a Sr next year. I am pretty sure his name is Lucas Taylor. He is supposed to be Kevin Faulk-esque. A super athlete nonetheless.

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Lucas is one helluva athlete and may get a long and decent look from LSU. I expect don long will put him near the Top 25. Too damn short for QB at 6', but that legit 4.4 speed and his talent is beyond doubt.

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

if he is actually 6' i think thats "do-able"...certainly not ideal though. with the size of some of our linemen...his passes might be hitting them in the back of the head :)

is he an actual QB with a QB arm? or is he just another great athlete playing the QB position?

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

the latter, LSU will probably sign the guy and he may be ranked in the Top 10 in LA

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

LSU has Ryan Perrilloux coming into LSU next year at QB ... it's a done deal with this kid ... he's a Tiger ... and they're watching and will offer Brian Babin @ St Amant. That would be one helluva 1-2 punch and a first rate "RELOAD" at QB if LSU gets both.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Is that opposed to an Early Doucet type???:grin:

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Re: Re: Carencro

I guess. I dont know if anyone here saw Kevin Faulk play in High School, but it was unbelievable the things he could do. One man offense. I saw Early play once on TV and he was very impressive also, although nagged by injury. Kevin was simply amazing though.

8. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Ramah, do you know anything about Perrilloux's grades. It was rumored that he was having some difficulty in the classroom. I do agree though, he seems to have all the tools to be a great one. Should be top 5 nationally ranked

9. ramah

ramah Founding Member

No mention of poor grades ... he has the core ... 2.5 or better and just needs to take his ACT like the rest.

10. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

ATHLETIC QB, Lucas Taylor (JUNIOR) - 6-1, 190, 4.4, Carencro, LA - MAX FACTS: - Lucas reminds me a lot of another Early Doucet and he will probably be just as heavily recruited as Doucet in 2004. In a recent game in which he led his team to a huge upset win over West Monroe, he was simply incredible. In that upset win, he ran a 72-yard quarterback draw for a touchdown to give his team an early 7-0 lead. Then he ran a 28-yard option-keeper for another touchdown. He finished the game with 160-yards on 15 carries in what has been the biggest upset of the season in Louisiana and it vaulted his team into the #1 5A ranking in the state.

LOUISIANA HS FOOTBALL SUPER TEAM ALL-STATE