Can LSU Football Get 9 to Tutor 9?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Feb 11, 2010.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Over two years, no one on LSU football's staff has helped Jordan Jefferson to improve his QB skills. He still struggles with managing the clock, reading defenses, holding on to the ball too long, throwing inaccurately, and losing to Florida, Bama, and Ole Miss.

We all know how much Drew Brees loves to give back to the Louisiana community. Can't LSU get him to spend a couple weeks with JJ and show him how it's done?

Start with JJ's throwing motion, which is horrifying. Then get his footwork down, which is equally atrocious. Then get him in the film room, help him to understand that, unlike LSU, Alabama's defense uses blitzes that actually work, and show JJ how to read them.

I think it would do wonders for the program. Thanks, Drew. :)

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

So you think Brees can do in two weeks what the entire LSU coaching staff couldn't do over the course of a year? Give me a break. If it were that simple Tim Tebow's hero Danny Wuerffel could have straightened out his equally atrocious throwing mechanics in the same time or less. Sorry, but that's a miracle even Breesus can't pull off.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i wouldn't be against Jefferson working out with Brees in the off season, but i wouldn't expect JJ to come back as some polished top notch quarterback. Jefferson doesn't have accuracy problems, his problem is in his head, yeah he has poor mechanics but that isn't something he must fix in order to be successful at the collegiate level, now if he wants to be a pro, then yes he has to work on those and get a whole hell of a lot better, however, JJ's big problems are not getting rid of the ball quickly, and not progressing through his reads quick enough, and zero pocket awareness.

4. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Actually, folks, I posted this thread only to be silly.

We Louisianians are so fortunate to have #9 in a Saints uniform.

And we are a lot less fortunate to have #9 in purple and gold. We all must hope for a miracle in JJ's off-season progress.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As bad as JJ was, he wasn't really a whole lot worse than many other 1st yr starting QB's through out the college season. Good thing is next season he will have an entire season under his belt and hopefully the coaches can make strides in his training. With the talent around him he should be able to have a more productive season. Also, with a new WR coach hopefully our receiving corp will learn to hang onto the ball better, many of JJ's incompletetions were due to receivers dropping the ball. He has a lot of work to do in order to be more productive so hopefully with all the changes and some experience he will show what we all have been waiting for. If not there is a lot of talent behind him just waiting for a shot at taking his position.

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The early, early polls have LSU a strong three in the conference. Talent makes this a no brain er. With all the new found emphasis on the running game JJ will now have his job description reduced to a more managable expectation. .

If the running game is back to 2003 standards, JJ will look like he spent the summer over at Bree's house.

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I've felt this way for awhile. I believe that even if JJ performed slightly better next year but there was improvement in the OL and the running game was solid, his critcs would be fewer in number, and perhaps his movement out of the pocket would not cause fans to cringe.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

This year something is going to give. CLM does have a reputation for physical down hill football. It's probably the Michigan in him. His OC does like the Pass first more finesse style of play.

Applewhite after his first year at Bama supposedly heard Momma call and he went home. The cold hard truth is he too wanted the more finesse spread introduced into Bama's philosophy. Not gonna happen.

I see Texas is now considering a more physical running back orient offense after that Rose bowl demonstration.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Wow. Really? Just run em all down, dude.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You're kidding, right? Wuerffel had the worst throwing mechanics of any QB in my lifetime....and I saw Billy Kilmer in person. :hihi:

On the other hand, Brees rebuilt his own throwing motion following his shoulder injury. He had to learn to get his legs into his throw while his shoulder recovered, and as a result, he throws harder now than he did before the injury. So yes, I for one believe Brees could teach JJ something, and quickly.

Not that it will actually happen.