CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

I don't understand. How could the NCAA lose money? The bowl games are played regardless. The TV payout is already determined, and, at leaset for the major bowls, there will be a sell out crowd.

I doubt that there would be any drop in revenue, and I don't know that the NCAA gets a cut of any bowl revenue, anyway, including the BCSCG. Don't know that they don't, but I've never heard of it. Conferences, yes, NCAA, don't think so.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yes, but with advertisers knowing that USC is a non factor, are they getting the premium dollars for who is playing for advertising space. For example USC's TV schedule comes out, and the top advertisers know that USC is a non factor, so because they believe fewer people will be interested in watching USC games, they don't advertise. The networks in order to fill the advertising spots sell them to any takers and at lower rates.

The bowl schedule comes out and the open advertising spots know that USC isn't in any of the bowls, so some of the advertisers that would have chosen a bowl that USC was in choose not to. Forcing the network to sell whatever open spots are for lower amounts to anyone who will take the spots.

Not all spots are filled prior to the announcement of who is in each bowl. You have anywhere from open national ad spots to local ad spots, which depending on who the bowl participants are could have an effect on who will decide to or not to advertise. Due to this the advertising dollars are less, so the cut the NCAA makes is less. I'm not saying this is what is happening, but it is a possibility.

None of us have any clue as to what the cut from advertising and sponsorship dollars are that the NCAA gets. Even though the sponsors are predetermined for the actual bowl, and we know what the payout is to the school, but do we know what kind of kick back the conference gets or the NCAA gets. I don't think any of us know, and I am sure that those dollars are what the NCAA is looking out for.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

anyone notice, he still didn't come out and deny allegations last night? He just said he wasn't going to talk about it.

4. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

Reminded me of Mark McGwire when he went before congress.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I heard a bit of his interview with espn this morning. "I'm taking my talents to Auburn."
    He's still stealing material from other people! :)

6. LaSalleAve

"i'm not gonna sit up here and say....."

guilty. he is so guilty is ridiculous.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

What is just as bad, is this morning on the Herd, he came away from that interview believing that Cam knew nothing. WHAT!!!! are you kidding me. That interview convinced me more that Cam is as guilty as his dad, and Herd comes away with he's innocent. What a dip shyt.

8. LaSalleAve

I think the big whigs at ESPN must have sent out a memo.

"Dear Mr. Cowherd,

It is your opinion that Cam Newton had no prior knowledge of his father's dealings with Mississippi State, or any financial gains. Thank You for your cooperation."

9. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I say that about Cowherd at least once a day. But in the case, for sure he's one!

10. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Cowt*rd will say or do anything to attain his goal of being the Howard Stern of sports.